Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My missions that need a few Soyuz rockets always leave me with a few spare dollars at the end of the turn. I end up buying more Juno rockets, supplies, Vostok capsules and probes than I'll ever need. Is there something I'm missing? Do the supply of these components normally get eaten up with leftover change? Do people eventually start throwing away this extra cash near the end of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
He who games with the most dice wins.
badge
I like things arnmod
mbmbmbmbmb
In the multiplayer game there are lots of interesting things you can do with money, but I'm assuming you are playing solitaire.

In solitaire, you've pretty much described it. I usually end up with some mix of spare probes and Juno rockets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually try to plan far enough ahead that from the very start, every year my purchases amount to $30m (except when I am intentionally holding back cash for testing). By planning my entire 20 years, I can usually avoid much surplus stuff because i try to leave as little single spaces of mass on rockets and I fill those single spaces with capsules, probes, junos, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Supplies

2. Juno rockets

3. Probes

4. Astronauts

In that order.

JR, isn't the budget $25M/yr?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony M
msg tools
mbmbmb
When I have a couple million left at the end of the year I buy probes, supplies or Juno rockets. Even if I have no immediate plans for these things, I like to stay within the spirit of the game and think like a government agency would: use all of the money in your budget or you might not get as much next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why I usually do not start with Soyuz anymore. I usually spend this money on more Junos. I tend to not need supplies that much (as less missions involve Astronauts than not), and Junos you can usually always use somehow. I had at one time in my last solo game twenty-odd Junos on Earth and like 15 in Orbit, and I used all except of like 5 until the end of the game.

As such I usually start with Atlas - Juno tech in the first year and Saturn in the second, followed by a first Saturn test in the third.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
gar0u wrote:
1. Supplies

2. Juno rockets

3. Probes

4. Astronauts

In that order.

JR, isn't the budget $25M/yr?!

You might be right...it's been a couple months since I went stargazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.