Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All right this is final culmination of my Civil War storyline. If you played through it then there are some things that will effect the overall challenge when you play. If you haven't played through any of the challenges, then you can still play it, it will just be on super hard mode for you. Good Luck!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Behind all of this was one man, The Red Skull. He had been pulling the strings and setting everything up for him to take over after the heroes have been at each other's throats and can't find common ground to work together. Will they be able to pull this off? Can they settle differences and work together once more to stop a common threat or be defeated by the machinations of madman?

If you played and meet the criteria for the following challenges then apply the changes:

- Vol 2 Issue #3 (The Stamford Incident): If only 1-5 Bystanders were KOed or carried off use 1 wound Salvo, if only 6-10 Bystanders were KOed or carried off use 2 wound Salvo, if 11+ bystanders were KOed or carried off then use 3 wound Salvo. If you won the scenario and any player had double the amount bystanders rescued than those KOed or carried off subtract one wound from the Opening Salvo challenge.
- Vol 2 Issue #4 (The Super Hero Registration Act): If you had won this scenario then the Mastermind is in Tyrant mode (+3 Attack) instead of All Powerful.
- Vol 2 Issue #5 (Heroes Unmasked): For the Sinister Master Strikes - If only 1-2 Heroes were unmasked only use Sinister Ambitions with a cost of 5 or lower. If only 3-4 Heroes were unmasked only use Sinister Ambitions with a cost of 7 or lower. If 5 heroes were unmasked only use Sinister Ambitions with a cost of 9 or lower. If you lost then draw from all of the Sinister Ambitions.
- Vol 2 Issue #6 (Divided we Fall): If you lose and the West Coast side wins then all of Team Captain America Heroes cost +1 to recruit. If you lose and the East Coast side wins then all of Team Iron Man Heroes cost +1 to recruit. If you win neither side has an increased cost.
- Vol 2 Issue #7 (Corruption from Within): If you win this scenario then remove Gimpy Hand from the challenges.
- Vol 2 Issue #8 (Epic Civil War): If you win this scenario you may choose any Iron Man or Captain America to lead that team rather than just the base set cards.
- If you haven't played the scenario but still want to play this then just consider that one a loss and take the highest penalty awarded to it.

1-Player
Expansions you will need to play: Civil War, Secret Wars Vol. 1 or 2
Scheme: Avengers Vs. X-Men
Mastermind: Red Skull
Henchmen: Mandroids
Villain(s): Masters of Evil
Heroes: Team Captain America: Captain America (Plus two others: Falcon, Luke Cage, Daredevil (Avenger), Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Invisible Woman) Team Iron Man: Iron Man (Plus two others: Vision, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Deadpool, Blade, Mr. Fantastic, Speedball)
Special: Opening Salvo 1-3: Put 1 to 3 Wounds into your discard pile. All-Powerful Mastermind: +5 to Masterminds attack value; Sinister Master Strikes: Shuffle up the Sinister Ambition cards and pull five out at random add them to the Villain deck as Master Strikes, complete text on the card to the best you can then do the Master Strike. Gimpy Hand: You draw only five cards at the beginning of each turn instead of six.

2-Players
Expansions you will need to play: Civil War, Secret Wars Vol. 1 or 2
Scheme: Avengers Vs. X-Men
Mastermind: Red Skull
Henchmen: Mandroids
Villain(s): Masters of Evil, Hydra
Heroes: Team Captain America: Captain America (Plus two others: Falcon, Luke Cage, Daredevil (Avenger), Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Invisible Woman) Team Iron Man: Iron Man (Plus two others: Vision, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Deadpool, Blade, Mr. Fantastic, Speedball)
Special: Opening Salvo 1-3: Put 1 to 3 Wounds into your discard pile. All-Powerful Mastermind: +5 to Masterminds attack value; Sinister Master Strikes: Shuffle up the Sinister Ambition cards and pull five out at random add them to the Villain deck as Master Strikes, complete text on the card to the best you can then do the Master Strike. Gimpy Hand: You draw only five cards at the beginning of each turn instead of six.

3-Players
Added Villain(s): Thunderbolts

4-Players
Added Villain(s): Thunderbolts
Added Henchmen: Cape Killers

5-Players
Added Villain(s): Thunderbolts, Spider-Foes
Added Henchmen: Cape Killers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2-Players

Usuba
No wounds, Tyrant Mastermind, All Ambition Cards, Team Cap +1, Gimp hand, Captain America, Secret Avenger.
Game 1: Evil Won!
No wounds, Tyrant Mastermind, All Ambition Cards, Gimp hand, Captain America, Secret Avenger.
Game 2: Good Won!
Player 1: 40
Player 2: 12

SABird
Opening Salvo 3, Tyrant Mastermind, All Ambition Cards, Gimpy Hand, Base Set Cap and Iron Man.
Game 1: Good Won!
Player 1 (Bird): 43
Player 2 (Wife): 38
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice surprise!

Just one question, in Issue #4 did you mean, If you won this scenario ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
usuba wrote:
Nice surprise!

Just one question, in Issue #4 did you mean, If you won this scenario ...

Yes

Fixed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my criteria using the results from my first play from each challenge only:
#3 won = wounds voided due to amount of bystanders recued
#4 won = +3///
#5 lost = drawn from all Ambition cards
#6 won = Captain America team recruit cost +1
#7 lost = gimp hand (5 draw only)
#8 won = I choose Captain America Secret Avenger

Teams:
Captain America Secret Avenger, Luke Cage, Invisible Woman
Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Mr Fantastic

Game 1 two player
Evil won
Gimp hand really hurts, ouwwwwwwch! Then with an early Master Strike I received Dark Apprentice and gained Baron Helmut Zemo with Revenge for my Father, not counting the extra MS activation things got difficult.
I had six villain cards to draw from with still two hits to go to win the game when I lost.

I'm taking a tea break and then I'll try a second time. I'm still waiting for Deadpool to arrive but hope to catch up when it does.

Edit
Evil wins two more times with the same set up. Time to touch-up teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
usuba wrote:

I think there might be a misunderstanding. If you win the scenario then neither side gets the +1, but if you lost the scenario, depending on which side won makes the other side cost more. I will adjust to make it make more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGM wrote:
usuba wrote:

I think there might be a misunderstanding. If you the scenario then neither side gets the +1, but if you lost the scenario, depending on which side won makes the other side cost more. I will adjust to make it make more sense.

oh man, in the last two games I got stuck unable to recruit for ages as HQ was filled with +1 heroes at 4* making them five. O-well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic news, Mr Fantastic releases Unstable Molecules ensuring -

Good wins!

Two player Final blow

P1 40
P2 12

Recruit costs this time were as normal, without adjustments due to my previous error. This was by far the main difference. I focused on recruiting recruit initially then on cards with card draw to bolster my draw hand, reducing deck helped but I was cautious not to end up with too little. I ignored sidekick stack and stuck with main heroes.

Also switched out Luke Cage for Winter Soldier, P1's hand only gained his 2>4, otherwise he made little difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 Players
Good won!!

Me: 43
She: 38

• Opening Salvo 3
• Tyrant Level Mastermind
• Unrestricted Ambitious Strikes
• No recruit penalty
• Gimpy Hand
Team Cap: Captain America (base set), Falcon/Redwing, Winter Soldier
Team Iron Man: Iron Man (base set), Black Widow, Mr. Fantastic.

We were able to restrict ourselves to only recruiting from within our chosen teams. I was Team Cap and she was Team Iron Man. I wasn't getting that many cards coming up in the HQ, but I was able eventually to get the rare Winter Soldier. My first hit on Skull was a double hit, thanks in no small part to his generous tactic cards. Amy's deck was whittled down to 7 or 8 cards for the last several hands of the game. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this ambitious scenario!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.