Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Scott
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I had a problem with this game regarding the buildings and tools. More often than not I have to discard them because I couldn't afford them. Since some of them add a more strategic game I felt this is a bit of a shame. With that said I put this house rule in place and wondered if anyone had a better suggestion.

House rule: You can put buildings and tools in a workshop until you wish to build them. Can be the target of a barbarian attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am one of those guys who bent his brain around his head to make this game more accessible for my gaming group. Long story short: it is great the way it is. Once you get the hang of it (read: knowing how tight competition is in Shipwrights) it'll get better

Oh, and have you played with or without the Townsfolk expansion? I suggest adding the expansion, that'll soften some edges.

Regarding your idea I actually had almost the same. I am not sure if it was here on BGG or just among us friends. I saw two possible variants: (a) Construction Area: works pretty much like the workshop, you can build a building over time. That would be close to your idea. Or (b) at the end of the round you can keep a card in your hand. Thus allowing you to save up buildings and other more expensive cards.

If we are playing Shipwrights with seasoned gamers none of us feels like we need any of the "improvements".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.