United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThaTsRight wrote:
Sparring???

Readiness???

Sparring (as in the Sparring Partner) isn't a game-wide keyword. It just refers to his own ability. His card is more completely detailed in the Codex Rulings document (found at http://sirlin.net/rules ...view the "Codex Rulings" and go to the "White" tab). Basically the first time you exhaust him in a turn, it can be for attacking OR for using his ability, but once you pay to untap him, he can only use his ability thereafter.

Readiness means that after the unit attacks, it remains un-exhausted (so, e.g. it could still patrol). It can't attack twice, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wildhorn wrote:
Try full sentences.

The promptness of your replies to newbies looking for clarifications is appreciated Mr. Maisonneuve, for sure. However, your snark isn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hauge
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to think of all the things you can use Readiness for. At the moment, all I can come up with is that it lets a unit/hero attack + patrol or attack + exhaust for an ability. That sum it up, or am I missing something?
pvtparts wrote:
Wildhorn wrote:
Try full sentences.

The promptness of your replies to newbies looking for clarifications is appreciated Mr. Maisonneuve, for sure. However, your snark isn't.

Nor was it terribly helpful, given that it contained no actual useful information relevant to the question. :-/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
I'm trying to think of all the things you can use Readiness for. At the moment, all I can come up with is that it lets a unit/hero attack + patrol or attack + exhaust for an ability. That sum it up, or am I missing something?
I'm pretty sure it's just to let the unit/hero attack and patrol on the same turn, indeed. (Or occasionally attack and exhaust, normally with Grave.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.