tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeepers, does anyone even have it yet? I'm a Kickstarter bacKer and am still waiting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Those who attended the Essen Spiel do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thumbed for just using "Jeepers"....made me laugh out loud at work, thanks for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't follow the delivery process.
I hope all of you will get it soon

Thank you for the votes so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thief lead the poll and now it's undecided between him/her and the wizard.

PS. I uploaded some images of all heroes and promos/exclusives, I hope they will be approved soon.

=)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my thoughts after 12 plays (all of them with characters)

I'm both surprised and not surprised that no one voted (okay, very small sample size, but still) for the Fighter, in my experience you can very reliably rush your opponent with all that added damage, but yeah, that's kind of boring, just big numbers, no combo time there.
Heist and drawing cards are fun, but for me thining the deck is what I like doing the most, so my vote goes to the Ranger. The Cleric feels the worst to me. You really only have one viable strategy based on their abilities and I haven't seen Resurrection used as an epic thing, but maybe you should wait until late game with it. Heist seems to be something you should use early on to gain momentum, while the wizards card draw is really good late game in a strong deck.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
The thief lead the poll and now it's undecided between him/her and the wizard.

PS. I uploaded some images of all heroes and promos/exclusives, I hope they will be approved soon.

=)

The image of the Ranger was approved but the 4 images of the other heroes and 2 images of all promos were declined although I used the same angle, camera and so on.

If I'll have time I'll try it again at the end of the weekend.

Afer some more matches I'll also comment the heroes, all of them are a lot of fun to use.

Does ansbody else uses their magical items in their starting deck or do you play without them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biggs Larkdighter
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for the Ranger. I like how fast his deck potentially is at the beginning. I also really like his ability that lets you look at the top 3 cards and discard up to two. I don't use that ability early, but late game it can be huge.

But I have enjoyed each character so far.

The Thief is annoying to play against, since he can steal one of your cards. The Thief combined with Green is killer. I played that combo earlier today and was making my opponent discard 2-4 cards almost every turn since one of the Thief's abilities is to make your opponent discard. Once I made him discard his entire hand.

I didn't like the Wizard too much, until you add in his treasure card.

The Fighter is probably the simplest character to play with. He's also great when playing the Tibus challenges.

Have only played the Cleric once, so don't have enough data to comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Granted I've got a small sample size so far, but the Cleric seems way unbalanced to me, especially when you throw in the Starsoul Amulet. She crushed Tibus solo without the amulet 93 to -17 and now the Fighter 47 to -15 with the amulet.

I've yet to play the Thief against another player. I imagine stealing an opponent's card is quite fun devil

To me, the Ranger feels the weakest, followed by the Wizard. Will have to get some more games under my belt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolai Planck
Germany
flag msg tools
I really enjoy ranger. Both the class specific cards (better champion buy, and the bow+arrows card draw combo) and the abilities (specially Track) reward smart play and allow for some epic combos. I also think Ranger is the strongest class, but overall the classes feel really well balanced.

I would say Thief is the worst of the classes design-wise. All of the others have cool synergies between their class cards and abilities. Thief class cards is boring more gold and luck reliant damage cards. No card draw, no interaction with market deck cards, nothing. The once per game ability of stealing a card is cool, but the once per turn ability is alright but generic and again does not combo with any of his/hers other cards. Maybe I just suck at playing thief though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederik Van Saet
Belgium
Brussel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Close call between the ranger and the wizard for me. I voted Ranger because the track ability is more readily useable. The -1 health of Channel is literally painful, so in the beginning of the game it's not worthwhile because you have too much crap in your deck, and deeper into the game it's sometimes too dangerous.

I like the Cleric the least, it's one of the stronger characters but it's way too easy to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for the thief because this class has the best starting economy and the major ability is so annoying (for the opponent ;P)

But I like all of them.

The last times I played hero realms I always did a tournament.
I played with my girlfriend and both of us had to use each hero once, 5 matches total, 3 wins required to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.