$30.00
Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Shadowrift» Forums » General

Subject: Zombie Reprint rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

We've begun the process of ordering a reprint of the misprinted Zombie cards from the latest edition of Shadowrift. These corrected cards will be shipped to owners of this edition at no charge - you'll just need to fill out an online form at that time and we'll take it from there.

It's still too early to get a firm timeline, but we'll let you know as soon as they are printed and ready to send out. In the meantime, you are safe to mark your existing Zombie cards with a 0 cost and 3 health without fear (still fear the Zombies, though, they can be persistent).

Thanks for your support, and we hope you're enjoying the game!
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for doing this for us.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Nugent
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is excellent customer service and game support, kudos.

Will this be the case for retail purchasers as well or just kickstarted owners?

I have the second edition on preorder at my friendly local game store, so I won't even have my copy for a few weeks yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No charge? That's awesome, thanks for taking care of us. thumbsup

Would you consider putting a checkbox on the form for those of us willing to pay for shipping? It might not be much, but it could add up, and I don't mind paying for mine to help you guys out.

Team effort
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
nugenet wrote:
This is excellent customer service and game support, kudos.

Will this be the case for retail purchasers as well or just kickstarted owners?

I have the second edition on preorder at my friendly local game store, so I won't even have my copy for a few weeks yet.


Anyone who purchases the game can get the replacement cards.

Exo Desta wrote:
Would you consider putting a checkbox on the form for those of us willing to pay for shipping? It might not be much, but it could add up, and I don't mind paying for mine to help you guys out.


That's very considerate of you. You can pay us back by enjoying the game, and maybe picking up an expansion or two down the road.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! thumbsup
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Pivarcsi
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great customer service, thanks a lot!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor L
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
That is great! Thanks.

Since you are reprinting the Zombies anyway, you might add that an effect that moves them to the bottom of the Zombie stack returns them to the Zombie stack instead, if there is space.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:

We've begun the process of ordering a reprint of the misprinted Zombie cards from the latest edition of Shadowrift. These corrected cards will be shipped to owners of this edition at no charge - you'll just need to fill out an online form at that time and we'll take it from there.


If we got it directly from the Kickstarter will you send them to the address you already have? Or we still have to remember to fill out a form?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
If we got it directly from the Kickstarter will you send them to the address you already have? Or we still have to remember to fill out a form?


We're having everyone fill out the form so there aren't any issues with old addresses from the Kickstarter campaign. We'll post both on here and on the Kickstarter campaigns when that form is live.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about a reprint of the "Raging Inferno" cards? if those are supposed to be attack cards, that more of a major problem for me than the Zombie misprint!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
What about a reprint of the "Raging Inferno" cards? if those are supposed to be attack cards, that more of a major problem for me than the Zombie misprint!


While it is a clear-cut misprint, there aren't a lot of cards that cause it to matter. People recognize it as an attack due to its format (declaring melee damage against a monster) so in spite of its listed type getting it misfiled, once it's in the game people tend to play it as intended.
It doesn't screw up the game, and sadly this isn't the computer game world of inexpensive patches for minor issues. Fixing this would be thousands of dollars for something that has genuine impact on almost no games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karishi wrote:
shadowsclassic wrote:
What about a reprint of the "Raging Inferno" cards? if those are supposed to be attack cards, that more of a major problem for me than the Zombie misprint!


While it is a clear-cut misprint, there aren't a lot of cards that cause it to matter. People recognize it as an attack due to its format (declaring melee damage against a monster) so in spite of its listed type getting it misfiled, once it's in the game people tend to play it as intended.
It doesn't screw up the game, and sadly this isn't the computer game world of inexpensive patches for minor issues. Fixing this would be thousands of dollars for something that has genuine impact on almost no games.


I understand, I think it's awesome that you are giving out the fixed zombie cards. I know that's a big expense. Any chance you could post a corrected image of the Raging Inferno card like you did the Zombie card. I have been trying to photo shop a repair but it's not turning out so good. The problem comes at the end of the game when everyone sorts the cards. The bottom left corner graphic is what everyone uses to tell the cards.

Great game BTW, looking forward to more expansions! It's really nice having co-op games to tone down the rivalry a bit on game night.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to chime in that I have received my corrected Zombie cards. Thanks for doing this for us!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Want to join a boardgaming club in Zuid-Limburg? www.BoardGamingInc.be
mbmbmbmbmb
Will these reprinted cards be in the base games printed from now on?
In other words: will people who backed the Skittering Darkness expansion on KS and included the base game, or buy it at retail/gamecons, get these reprinted cards automatically?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.