Subject: What is an MOD? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Pruitt
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
Is it an acronym? An abbreviation? It seems to be a pretty important term from the number of times it appears, but I don't see it defined or explained anywhere (I admit I am not through with the rules yet-they are confusing and not an easy read, but that's a subject for another thread).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Rupe
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nashville board game con every March: tngamedays.com
badge
Warehouse 13: The Board Game
mbmbmbmbmb
They are modifications (upgrades) to your ships and outposts.

The graphic on the left of page 1 describes both the starting setup of the Fleet Board ("fuel tokens have no tabs") and identifies all of the small parts ("MODs have tabs at the bottom").

Page 6 (part of the glossary) details what each MOD can do.

Other MOD rules are sprinkled throughout the rulebook where appropriate. For example, squads can scout sectors and that's detailed in Combat/Scouting/Exploration rules on page 8.

The map boards have a cheat sheet printed at the bottom as a reminder for the MOD build/scuttle rules.

In retrospect, I should have expanded the rulebook to 16 pages, or moved the Learn While Playing part online to make room for a better layout. Live and learn. :) If you are only reading the rules and not playing at the same time, you might skip that section. I'm happy to answer questions here, so fire away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.