Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I missed the first Kickstarter and have decided to go in on Season 2. What I wanted to know is if anyone was returning from the previous Kickstarter and why? It looks like fun, there are mixed reviews, but I want the opinion of returning players and why they like it so much. I also wanted an excuse to discuss this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Game Bears
Australia
flag msg tools
My son and I loved the original, and we are returning so that we get some new dungeons to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed Season 1 and I will probably not back Season 2.

100 swords was one of the first games I backed. I liked the idea of it: Deck builder meets Dungeon crawler.

I got both Red and Blue Dungeons, plus all of the bonus packs (which at the time I thought were full dungeons). I even got the players mat for it.

I thought the game was a little too simple to the point of, well, kind of boring.

I played it a few times with one of my friend's kids (who loved it) but it was always kind of the same. There was some strategy but nothing too deep. I couldn't do much to slow down my opponent while making my way through the dungeon. If I run passed a monster, he just defeats it and collects points.

The dungeons all seemed kind of the same. there was nothing really unique or enticing about a certain set when i mixed it in and the new dungeons at first glance seem about the same.

If I want to play a deck builder, I have Legendary.
If I want to crawl a dungeon, I have a lot more games that can do that.

If feel, for me, this one just doesnt mesh with me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a returning backer for Season 2. I found 100 Swords to be a fun, light and quick game that had a good dose of silliness/humour (helped by art that seems inspired by Adventure Time) and a bit of Roguelike feel. It's also portable and doesn't overstay its welcome, in my opinion.

Since the rules are quite simple, the game also lends itself well to variants. For example, if you want more of a "dungeon exploration" feel (and more of a memory challenge) you can lay the cards out in a 5x5 grid, mark one card as the "entrance" and allow players to move in any direction they wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
Corphus wrote:
I am a returning backer for Season 2. I found 100 Swords to be a fun, light and quick game that had a good dose of silliness/humour (helped by art that seems inspired by Adventure Time) and a bit of Roguelike feel. It's also portable and doesn't overstay its welcome, in my opinion.

Since the rules are quite simple, the game also lends itself well to variants. For example, if you want more of a "dungeon exploration" feel (and more of a memory challenge) you can lay the cards out in a 5x5 grid, mark one card as the "entrance" and allow players to move in any direction they wish.

I like your variant idea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.