Subject: Linking with lapped cars questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G K
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
mb
If a previously activated car is in a sector with only one lane/space (ex: in a sharp corner) and is about to be lapped by the car right behind using pursuit or solo or line movement, what happens to the car about to be lapped?

Is it pushed ahead, pushed back, or pushed ahead until two or more lanes appear after the sharp corner and then moved aside so the lapping car can pass it?

Or more broadly I guess, can a car about to be lapped be linked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
airheart wrote:
If a previously activated car is in a sector with only one lane/space (ex: in a sharp corner) and is about to be lapped by the car right behind using pursuit or solo or line movement, what happens to the car about to be lapped?

Is it pushed ahead, pushed back, or pushed ahead until two or more lanes appear after the sharp corner and then moved aside so the lapping car can pass it?

From looking at the rules I'd assume that as the Current Leader you could only lap the car in front using solo movement because only solo movement allows conditional linking.

i.e. you can push the car in front into a sector with more than one lane, then break the link to enter the same sector and lap the car assuming you have enough movement points remaining.

With pursuit and line movement, you can't break the link so you can never move into the same sector as the car in front (unless special card text says you can).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
airheart wrote:

Why do you think it can't be linked? "About to be lapped" is not a status that has any influence on the game, a car is either lapped or it isn't. Even if a car is lapped, it is just treated as a normal car until the end of the turn. And having been previously activated has no influence on linking either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G K
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, I was overthinking things.

Thanks folks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.