Hide
6 Posts

World's Fair 1893» Forums » General

Subject: Comparison to Staufer Dynasty? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason BG
msg tools
Curious to know how this game compares to Staufer Dynasty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonLawBG wrote:
Curious to know how this game compares to Staufer Dynasty.

very different games... the Staufer Dynasty is a much heavier game with more complex choices to be made
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason BG
msg tools
I am aware that this might not seem tactful, but I am wondering whether this game is worth the purchase if I already have Staufer Dynasty. From the surface appearance, they seem to share the same look and similar mechanisms. Are the differences in the types of decisions players make strong enough to warrant adding this game to my collection or is this just a simpler, quicker game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own The Staufer Dynasty and have also played World's Fair 1893. For my tastes, the area control aspects felt similar enough that I wouldn't want to own both.

But I think both are fun games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason BG
msg tools
I will see if a friend of mine have World's Fair 1893. Really interested to try the game, but board game prices being what they are, I have to prioritize and budget my spending, even if WF's price isn't that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
There are twelve of us, Sire, and I place all the resources of my people unreservedly at your Majesty's disposal.
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
I own The Staufer Dynasty and have also played World's Fair 1893. For my tastes, the area control aspects felt similar enough that I wouldn't want to own both.

But I think both are fun games!

I love 'em both! BUT...apart from the fact that they are both area-control games, and that they sorta/kinda have the same "look", I would say World's Fair has as much in common with The Staufer Dynasty as does Ticket to Ride compared with Lewis & Clark.

I own The Staufer Dynasty and (after playing World's Fair a number of times) have World's Fair on my wishlist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.