Chris Fell
United States
East Patchogue
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I played two games of Heroes vs Monsters the other night and I am here to to share some tidbits of how the games went.

This was the first time playing these duel decks. I was kinda looking forward to the game and really should of shuffled a lot more as these were fresh decks and my Heroes deck would have benefited from a better shuffle. Out of the gate we were doing well. Both of us were putting out lands and creatures. I was doing great! First I hit her World Eater with Condemn, then her Deus of Calamity with Smite the Monstrous. With her big creatures taking care of I started attacking her with my Armory Guard, Freewind Equenaut, and then backing them up with Nobilis of War. I was all smiles she was down to 3 life and I was at 20. This is were it fell apart, the magic was lost when I hit her with my Dawnstrike Paladin. It did 4 damaged being backed up by Nobilis I gained 4 life due to life-link woohoo, But her Kavu Predator gained 4 +1/+1 counters due to Kavu's ability . Using her Dragon Blood (Artifact), & Skarrg, the Rage Pits (land) to build up her Kavu Predator she hit me with 7, 9, and then 11 attack points with trample. Ouch, there was nothing I could do. I had used up my removal spells and I was having a mana flood. I did try to kill her with my Freewind Equenaut but she took him out with her Deadly Recluse (w/reach). I went from 24 to 0 and she ended up with 4 life for the win. It was a dark time for me.

Then we played the second game.

This is my first session report I hope you enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.