Subject: Spoilers - Haunt #91 questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Pearson
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
We played haunt #91 recently and found the wording very confusing.

My interpretation of the survivor rules allow no way for the heroes to win.
The heroes win when "Every room in the house is burned". I take this as every room must be flipped over. ("That room is burned is cleansing fire")
"Non Landing" rooms are destroyed from a face up fire token at the beginning of the heroes turn. I find no way for "Landing Room"s to be destroyed. How can this be?

Even when not thinking about landing rooms. I feel like the traitors could win by just stopping one room from being burned. Then slowly kill the heroes as they near the room to burn it. It doesn't seem like a fair fight.

I looked at the traitor handbook after the haunt. Can a traitor attempt to suppress Fires in multiple rooms? or just one room per turn? It's written that they can do it multiple times so I just want to make sure I understand the rule correctly.

Thank your for any clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Black
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
This haunt is pretty terrible. We played a 4 player game where we all basically sat on the last room in the house for 45 minutes before the heroes finally botched a sanity defense and the traitors managed to kill us.

Things that weren't clear.

Can the traitors do their sanity attack and a normal attack to steal the heroes defensive items? The rules say traitors can attack and perform haunt specific actions in the same turn.

What do you do with landings? We didn't flip them but we let them catch fire and continue to spread fire to adjacent rooms.

Do traitors get to attempt to flip every fire token in each room they enter? It seems like in games with an odd number of players there would be more traitors. In a 4 player game there's a 8/9 chance of the two traitors flipping each fire and really no way for the heroes to get out of line of sight of the sanity attack and back into the room each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this last night and had some of the same issues.

We ruled that landings are not rooms. They can burn and start other fires, but they are not flipped and they do not count towards the 'house must burn rule". There is a real world corilatoin for some of it. Some of the old manstions had stone landings that while they could burn and catch fire, they usually surived as standing structures when the rest of the house would be a total loss.

We played where the 'darkness' could only make their sanity attack. I think allowing a sanity attack as well as a regular attack would be way to difficult for the hero's to win.

If there is an odd number of players, the traitors will always be the smaller team, as the player NEXT to the haunt reveler is the Investigator "Team Captain" and chooses first.

We played for 1 1/2 hours after the huant was reveled. We ran into the same issue of burning the house down to just 7 rooms left and the Investigors on thier turn would start fires in every room, and the traitors would put them out. The Investigators kept making all their sanity rolls so the game just dragged until the traitors had an unlucky round and didn't put out a fire. A room would be lost and the process start over again. We finally decided the important part was the Traitor's victory condtions of having an unburnt room for each traitor player. Once we fell under that number (afterall, 'recruiting' an investigator will raise that number) we called it as an investigator victory. We were just tired of playing 'war' and knew if we really played to removing all the fire counters we could be there another hour or more.

I really love the idea of this haunt but one page of rules 'explanations' is really not enough to flesh it out. When we all ready the overview we were excited to play, but by the end we were ready for it to be over. A real shame too, this senario has the possibility of being really solid if better rules/faqs fill in the holes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.