Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game looks good so far, so now the question for the day.

According to the BGG page, this is a reworking of the game "Weapons of Zombie Destruction". That game is competitive. I know that Tom Vassel indicated that he suggested making M&M co-op. That means that, at some point, this was competitive. Are their any plans for a competitive expansion for the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no plans for an expansion at this time. All of our focus is still on making sure we get MvM properly into your hands.

Just my two cents, but competitive wasn't very fun. When the team is sharing a draft, it mitigates the frustration around bad card draws. The puzzle is frustrating instead of silly. It felt very dependent on what cards you drew.

I love competitive games, but I just couldn't make it work. Looking forward to playing some home brews, though. See if any of you can solve what I couldn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an football variant: Mechball - A team based 2v2 Football varient for Mechs vs Minions that look promising.
A capture-the-flag variant could also be envision but to be fun those variants needs to put the minions into the mix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
It felt very dependent on what cards you drew.

In a 2 vs 2 team game, drafting from a shared pool should reduce this issue. The team with the minuteglass drafts 1 card, then the opposing team drafts 2, then the original teams drafts 1 more.

Both teams get 2 cards. The team with the minuteglass gets picks #1 and #4, an the other team gets back-to-back drafts of #2 and #3. The minuteglass would go to the other team next round.

We've seen several other boardgames successfully use this method of competitive drafting to mitigate the luck factor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.