Earth Reborn» Forums » General

Subject: what I think. . . rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: this_is_my_blog,_right? [+] [View All]
ian m
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, so it is late and I need to get to bed, so I will try to make this short.

Had rattling around in my head for a few weeks that ER should get a second edition funded through Kickstarter. But here is the catch: It isn't Earth Reborn, it is a different game that uses the same/similar ruleset but is totally compatible with ER. Just like an expansion would be.

Think about it. A clean slate for the market to fall in love with. Sweet minis for people to drool over. The buttery smooth rules we all love. The world gets an awesome new shooter board game, and we get two new factions for ER.

This is my prediction for...something I overheard at the supermarket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Mallen
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
X-com and aliens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian m
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F74N -=O=-
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
something on this lines has been noted on a forum in Spain, it seems that Earth Reborn might come back, somehow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian m
United States
flag msg tools
mb
From a different thread:

Chris Boelinger wrote:
. . .it would actually be not only an expansion, but also a stand-alone.

Meaning for those who already have the base game it is fully an expansion. And for those who have nothing, they can play with it.

Meaning the expansion/stand alone will contain 2 new factions, new rooms, objects, cards, order tiles, dice (so you'll have plenty with two boxes and some new game mechanics matching the new factions.)

All the main rules and rules already in the first box will remain the same to ensure total compatibility.

So. . .Looks like I wasn't too far from the mark.
And it may even be called something else!

Guess I know what my second Kickstarter will be now!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.