Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 2-player game, if there are two cards of the same resource, in the same column, but with different quantities (e.g. 2 coal for $3 and 3 coal for $3), which does the Trust prefer? I think the example on page 9 demonstrates a preference for larger quantities?

I'm a little puzzled since that seems at odds with the Trust preferring the cheaper resource for hybrid plants?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I would assume that the Trust takes the larger quantity. I guess if the Trust doesn't need all the material, you'd add the spares to column 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
I think I would assume that the Trust takes the larger quantity.
Thanks, and it does create some interesting behavior (below).
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
I guess if the Trust doesn't need all the material, you'd add the spares to column 1.
That is explicit in both the rules and example on page 9. In the example, this results in the availability of natural gas changing from:
$3 for 2-gas, $3 for 3-gas, and $4 for 2-gas
To:
$1 for 1-gas, $3 for 2-gas, and $4 for 2-gas

Hypothetically,if the Trust preferred lower quantities, the result for natural gas would be:
$3 for 3-gas, and $4 for 2-gas

This means that by preferring larger quantities, the Trust:
* Makes larger quantities of a resource strictly more expensive (e.g. in the example if you buy after the Trust and needed 3 gas, you'd pay a minimum of $4 instead of $3)
* May make single resources cheaper (e.g. in the example, if you just want 1 gas(perhaps due to limited storage), you could now pay $1 instead of $3)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C C
msg tools
mb
The larger quantity IS 'cheaper', ie. same price but worth more. 'Cheapest' means more than lowest cost, it also incorporates worth.

[ Cheap - def: low in price, worth more than its cost. syn: inexpensive, low price, economical, bargain, downmarket, cut-rate, discounted ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2CB1 wrote:
The larger quantity IS 'cheaper', ie. same price but worth more. 'Cheapest' means more than lowest cost, it also incorporates worth.

[ Cheap - def: low in price, worth more than its cost. syn: inexpensive, low price, economical, bargain, downmarket, cut-rate, discounted ]
Are you suggesting that the trust selects based on unit price rather than the column? That's another reasonable interpretation that's supported by the example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.