United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
"It's all in the reflexes."
badge
My Top 5 games in microbadges.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused about whether or not conceding to the Minor Demand: Water AFTER failing a previous threat roll in the same conversation activates the penalty of ending the conversation. Can't tell whether the penalty can only happen on a failed threat roll occurring after the concession is made or if the text of the penalty means you would retroactively apply the penalty because of the earlier failed roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read it like : From now on, any failed threat roll will immediately end the conversation.
[At least thats how I interpret it) :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moorwild wrote:
Read it like : From now on, any failed threat roll will immediately end the conversation.
I'm interpreting it the same way.
The only cards I apply retroactively are the "ignore end of conversation" ones, I think you can play them right when the conversation would end to keep going. Not 100% sure about those ones either though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
moorwild wrote:
The only cards I apply retroactively are the "ignore end of conversation" ones, I think you can play them right when the conversation would end to keep going. Not 100% sure about those ones either though.

I don't believe any cards are effective retroactively. The card's ability kicks in when you play it, so even the "ignore end of conversation" ones wouldn't work after something has already ended the conversation, they only work if you have played them before the failed roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis (just my village's name)
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
moorwild wrote:

I don't believe any cards are effective retroactively. The card's ability kicks in when you play it, so even the "ignore end of conversation" ones wouldn't work after something has already ended the conversation, they only work if you have played them before the failed roll.

That's correct!

When conversation ends, you CAN'T do anything else. You can't take any other action. He hangs up the phone to you, so no more negotiations or giving in to any of his demands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.