9 Posts

The Colonists» Forums » General

Subject: Now we have the rulebook... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Malahias Zumakalis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...we need a video playthrough; in English! Not only for the presentation, the set up or the instructions, but because I just love to see the game laid on a table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annette L.
Germany
flag msg tools
Yes please! Someone please? ;-)

I haven't had the chance to play the game yet and I'm currently reading the rule book. I quite miss the input in form of video playthroughs (or even a review) that you normally get with an older game (or massively popular new games such as A Feast for Odin).

Videos really help me to understand a game. Because there is none, yet, I'm quite hesitant to play the first game with my husband. He is already wary of this game due to its sheer size (sigh) and I have to get our first game right to make it a pleasurable event for both of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The scripted introductory game performs this function. I suppose that there might be some mileage in videoing that run through, as some people are more visual than others. But I think that a video play through is perhaps less necessary than it is for other games because the run through is already included in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Heath
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel a bit strange about promoting myself but I'll be doing a playthrough probably within the next week

I had a little vote on my channel and Colonists clearly won! I was a bit worried at first but I played a 2 era game with my girlfriend at the weekend and everything seemed to click so quickly that I'm really looking forward to it now. I'd like to get a couple more games (and maybe even a full 4 era game) in before I make the video but it's coming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annette L.
Germany
flag msg tools
slickerdrips wrote:
I feel a bit strange about promoting myself but I'll be doing a playthrough probably within the next week

I had a little vote on my channel and Colonists clearly won! I was a bit worried at first but I played a 2 era game with my girlfriend at the weekend and everything seemed to click so quickly that I'm really looking forward to it now. I'd like to get a couple more games (and maybe even a full 4 era game) in before I make the video but it's coming!

Nice! I already watched some of your videos about Essen, but had not subscribed until now :-). I'll be looking forward to your video then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek M
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slickerdrips wrote:

Now we will all eagerly await your review/playthrough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Alcott
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Slickerdrips rules! Hardest working man in board games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Heath
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone, it's going to take a little while for the video to show up on BGG but for now Era I is here:

https://youtu.be/sCypEY7nHJk

I'm probably going to do the other videos over the next few days to give me a bit of breathing room in between editing, this playthrough definitely twisted my brain thinking for two

Hope you enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annette L.
Germany
flag msg tools
Great! Now I now what I'll do tonight. :-) Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.