GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,794 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Resetting the command line? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you reset the command line at the end of the tutorial and at the end of each mission. In other words, do you start each new mission with a blank command line?

Thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
Yes you reset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you do. But I'd love to see a new mini-campaign of a few missions where they're designed with the idea that you keep your commands from mission to mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you / can you reset your command line at the start of each new turn when you draft a new command card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
ShotgunGames wrote:
Do you / can you reset your command line at the start of each new turn when you draft a new command card?

No, you continue to build your command line throughout the game. Place your new card in the command line, or discard it to repair or swap stacks on your command line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V. Lazaro Zamora
United States
Torrance
CA
flag msg tools
“Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime.” -Aristotle
mbmbmbmbmb
Replying to this issue in this thread as well, jik someone else has info to contribute. Sorry for duplication.

I have yet to find anything that says that the command board is cleared between missions. I'm up to the 4th mission and the only place I've seen that I am specifically told to clear the board is at the very beginning of the first mission (not tutorial). The game is very specifically written as to how to prepare for the missions, so if this rule comes up later in the missions I'd request you not spoil it, but I would really like to know specifically where it says to clear the boards between EVERY mission?
Thanks in advance.
PS: in playing the 2 player game I did notice the command cards stack deep and fast and there are times when I felt like we were OP, but I also think that's meant to compensate for having less players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V. Lazaro Zamora
United States
Torrance
CA
flag msg tools
“Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime.” -Aristotle
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Cantrell
Maybe you can clarify for us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
aikidevil wrote:
Replying to this issue in this thread as well, jik someone else has info to contribute. Sorry for duplication.

I have yet to find anything that says that the command board is cleared between missions. I'm up to the 4th mission and the only place I've seen that I am specifically told to clear the board is at the very beginning of the first mission (not tutorial). The game is very specifically written as to how to prepare for the missions, so if this rule comes up later in the missions I'd request you not spoil it, but I would really like to know specifically where it says to clear the boards between EVERY mission?
Thanks in advance.
PS: in playing the 2 player game I did notice the command cards stack deep and fast and there are times when I felt like we were OP, but I also think that's meant to compensate for having less players.

Only mission 1 tells you to select a Yordle and command board. Does that mean you shouldn't ever pick a character for any other mission? No. Each mission adds new rules relative to the previous missions, and anything not mentioned stays the same. In each mission, you start with the following steps (first identified in mission 1):

• All players identify their favorite Yordle and locate their special Command Line and Mech.
• Place (empty) Command Lines in front of each corresponding player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What would be the point of the initial Double Draft at the start of each mission (mentioned in both Mission 1 and Mission 2) if you didn't clear your Command Line from the last mission?

Rest assured that you are indeed meant to clear it between missions. If you were meant to keep the cards programmed, there would have to be some mechanism to save which cards you have in which slots between missions, as the campaign is certainly not meant to be played in one sitting.

And as stated above, the statement about choosing your Yordle and placing its empty Command Line in front of you is meant to apply to every Mission. It doesn't explicitly state it, but it's clearly implied, as the other Missions don't mention the Command Lines at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also though I'd add that the mission setup rules don't reiterate taking minions off the minion track or resetting the team gear level to 0 between missions. This is indeed meant to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.