T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: Combat question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Brekke
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Friends and I were playing last night and we ran into an issue where two of us entered adjacent areas that each had the lock symbol for combat tests. I tried my test first and didn't resolve it and then he decided to make an attack roll, using a firearm, to shoot into my area to help resolve my test before starting his. Is that a legit action or does he have to resolve his test before assisting others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this in The Marcy Case?

If so, it's a legitimate action if his receptacle is the one that has that as a special ability, however, he loses 1LP for ignoring the test he's facing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Brekke
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ok. Thanks for the clarification. Not sure I exactly agree with it, but at least I have an answer. As a follow up, is that point of damage from having at least one skull shield(and any heart shields) mitigated by resistance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I should have made that clear, yes, the 1LP loss only occurs if there is at least one red skull present on the ignored test, it is automatic and not mitigated by resistance, just as if the agent had elected to do nothing. Note too that any black skulls would also activate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hainz
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black skulls? Nice idea... indeed... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black hearts he means, I suppose

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(I must be having a bad day, it's been too long since Under the Mask and Expedition: Endurance isn't out until January) I meant black shields, so not just LP but TU can be lost too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It should also be noted that this uses his TU that he would have spent working on his test. He can't do both of them in the same TU.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'll borrow this for a question. i've seen people do it diffrently in playthroughs.

does combat take TU per roll? lets say i'm fighting a monster with 5 shield and lets say it takes me 3 rolls to beat it, will that be 1 TU or 3 TU?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
every Action you can roll once, so you need 3 TU for that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok thanks then we're playing it right then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.