6 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lucky Hat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan blank
msg tools
Once per Adventure Re-Roll any one die.
Does that mean I can re-roll a SINGLE die for myself OR another player?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any die, whether from the monsters, other heroes or yourself.

its worded differently than grit, grit can only be used on your own rolls
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
any die, whether from the monsters, other heroes or yourself.

its worded differently than grit, grit can only be used on your own rolls

I disagree. It's an item your Hero has to equip, and so I would say that only affects rolls your Hero is called upon to make (so not Enemy roll or other Heroes' rolls). However it does let you re-roll things that Grit doesn't things like rolls for rewards, rolls on results charts, or even mutations.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pulis
United States
Greenfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See that is not how we have played items like this. If it does not Specify your hero then you should be able to affect others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthjawa13 wrote:
See that is not how we have played items like this. If it does not Specify your hero then you should be able to affect others.

I believe this is the correct interpretation.
I don't believe there is anywhere in the rules that it states an equipped item can only affect the wearer.
And many items specify one of your rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooperton wrote:
darthjawa13 wrote:

I believe this is the correct interpretation.
I don't believe there is anywhere in the rules that it states an equipped item can only affect the wearer.
And many items specify one of your rolls.

Things that effect Heroes other than yourself say specifically that they do so. These existence of this extra text on those items and abilities is strong circumstantial evidence that the lack of it means you can only affect yourself.

For example: the Healing Stone says you can Heal any Hero. So do the Sermons Faith Healing, and Revitalize. But the Canteen doesn't. Nor does the White Hat, nor any number of other Hero Upgrades and items that use the word "heal". There is a clear distinction. If you equip a Hat that says "Once per Turn you may re-draw a Scavenge card" would you interpret that as being able to re-draw someone else's? Of course not, because in a game of cards and dice you don't draw their cards - they do. Likewise, you don't roll their dice and so you cannot re-roll their dice. Put another way, if it intended you to be able to effect dice other than your Hero's it would say "force a die just rolled to be re-rolled". This implies that the original roller does the re-rolling. Indeed, there are a number of mechanics in the game like this and they all use this wording rather than the wording of the Lucky Hat. Ergo, the Lucky Hat is meant to affect only the wearer's dice.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.