Hide
4 Posts

Shadowrift» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pilgrim rules text rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Wu
msg tools
So I'm confused about the pilgrim. I understand he can act like a free generic seal, but I don't get the second ability. He gives monsters -1 cost? Doesn't that mean that they are cheaper to cast and consequently fill your monster attack board faster? Or how about Full moon that seems to add monster cost by 4 for each villager bit. Wouldn't that be beneficial since that makes monsters cost a ton of power in order to be cast? The wording and the symbols used in those cards is counterintuitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Douglas
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yummypanda90 wrote:
So I'm confused about the pilgrim. I understand he can act like a free generic seal, but I don't get the second ability. He gives monsters -1 cost? Doesn't that mean that they are cheaper to cast and consequently fill your monster attack board faster? Or how about Full moon that seems to add monster cost by 4 for each villager bit. Wouldn't that be beneficial since that makes monsters cost a ton of power in order to be cast? The wording and the symbols used in those cards is counterintuitive.

I can answer the 1st question. The pilgrim decreases the monster power that has built up on the track on the side. So if you added 2 during the monsters gain power phase, during the heroes act phase some can take the aid and lessen that on the track by 1.

I haven't played the expansion yet so I can't answer your 2nd question. My guess is that it increases the power during the monsters gain power phase, but it is just a guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
douglasiv wrote:
yummypanda90 wrote:

I can answer the 1st question. The pilgrim decreases the monster power that has built up on the track on the side. So if you added 2 during the monsters gain power phase, during the heroes act phase some can take the aid and lessen that on the track by 1.

I haven't played the expansion yet so I can't answer your 2nd question. My guess is that it increases the power during the monsters gain power phase, but it is just a guess.

It's -1 (Moon Symbol), which is -1 Monster Power, which decreases the amount of power available to spawn monsters. Definitely a good thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
yummypanda90 wrote:

The moon icon is our symbol for monster power.
Monsters cost a certain amount of monster power, but the moon icon doesn't just mean "monster cost."
Thus,
The Pilgrim gives the monsters -1 monster power.
The Full Moon can give the monsters +4 monster power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.