3 Posts

Thurn and Taxis» Forums » General

Subject: Is it similar to Medieval Merchant (Pfeffersäcke) game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Husak Svoboda
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
I'm looking at the pictures and thinking - is it similar to Medieval Merchant (Pfeffersäcke) game? In fact I don't like TuT so much after I played it only once. IMHO it was so slow, not enough strategy, so much fortune. Who can compare those two games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Carroll
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played both, albeit Thurn and Taxis only once, and Medieval Merchant only a handful of times.

With that caveat, though, I'd say they're really not very much alike (although I like both games, but in different ways). There's a lot of strategic decisions to be made in MM, primarily where to add more houses in an attempt to gain control of a city, vs. where to take income from a city (on your turn, in each open city where you already have a house, you may either add another house, or get income from the city, but not both). MM is definitely a deeper game than TuT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not even close. The main similarity is that they are both games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.