GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,049 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
133 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

Indonesia» Forums » General

Subject: Shipping Yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Dusek
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Jeroen, I know you were waiting on wooden pieces, which you expected last week and then planned to start shipping this week. Could you give a little update to the status of the shipment process? I.e. Did the pieces come in? Are you packaging? Are you shipping?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
storm_knight wrote:

Jeroen, I know you were waiting on wooden pieces, which you expected last week and then planned to start shipping this week. Could you give a little update to the status of the shipment process? I.e. Did the pieces come in? Are you packaging? Are you shipping?

Thanks!

While at it (and I'm sorry for hijacking this thread!), could you also report back on whether you guys plan to offer some sort of alternative for the mixe-up with the wooden components?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
storm_knight wrote:

Thanks!

While at it (and I'm sorry for hijacking this thread!), could you also report back on whether you guys plan to offer some sort of alternative for the mixe-up with the wooden components?

I was worried the multiple pages in the other thread weren't enough on this topic shake

How about staying on topic, I've ordered New Indonesia and TGZ, when do my games arrive?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
storm_knight wrote:

Thanks!

How about just not hijacking it instead of offering the fake apology. If there is an answer to be made, it will be posted in the appropriate thread. In fact, Splotter posted a new thread today. Go whine there. Second edition erratum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
icarusmustburn wrote:
NasosP wrote:
storm_knight wrote:

Thanks!

How about just not hijacking it instead of offering the fake apology. If there is an answer to be made, it will be posted in the appropriate thread. In fact, Splotter posted a new thread today. Go whine there. Second edition erratum

That made me laugh! Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris Wiersinga
Netherlands
Leiden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Shipping update from Splotter
26-10-2016

We have packed the first 1000 games; pickup for the US pallets of Zimbabwe and Indonesia has been ordered and we are waiting for them to leave. It will take quite some time for them to reach the US and clear customs, then they will be transshipped to each individual address. You will get a personal email notice from FunAgain fulfillment at the time of transshipment (still some time to wait!).

We are getting the wooden pieces in for all other individual orders coming monday or tuesday. The line is ready and games will be packed and shipped immediately as soon as the pieces are there. This will cover all individual orders with Indonesia and Zimbabwe made directly from Splotter to non-US addresses. I will keep you updated in this thread. We did ship about 20 individual orders already as we had the extra games.

All other orders, namely shops, will be fulfilled with the final set of wood, to arrive around the 16th of November. A small number of shops may already have games early if they picked up the games before we realized we were not going to get the pieces in time, or if they are far away and could only pick up in Essen.

We are extremely sorry about the delay, our wood producer has over 10 weeks of delay compared to the promised date, and we were unable to force them to speed things up.

Joris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joriswiersinga wrote:
26-10-2016

We have packed the first 1000 games; pickup for the US pallets of Zimbabwe and Indonesia has been ordered and we are waiting for them to leave. It will take quite some time for them to reach the US and clear customs, then they will be transshipped to each individual address. You will get a personal email notice from FunAgain fulfillment at the time of transshipment (still some time to wait!).

We are getting the wooden pieces in for all other individual orders coming monday or tuesday. The line is ready and games will be packed and shipped immediately as soon as the pieces are there. This will cover all individual orders with Indonesia and Zimbabwe made directly from Splotter to non-US addresses. I will keep you updated in this thread. We did ship about 20 individual orders already as we had the extra games.

All other orders, namely shops, will be fulfilled with the final set of wood, to arrive around the 16th of November. A small number of shops may already have games early if they picked up the games before we realized we were not going to get the pieces in time, or if they are far away and could only pick up in Essen.

We are extremely sorry about the delay, our wood producer has over 10 weeks of delay compared to the promised date, and we were unable to force them to speed things up.

Joris

Delays happen and that is fine. Thanks for the information on where things are at. That helps keep the obsessive people like me from going all freak out . Keep making great games that are worth the wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joriswiersinga wrote:

Joris

I have pre ordered the game at a German online retailer. I am very disappointed to wait for more than 4 weeks after the end of Essen fair to receive my copy, but still see no action taken about the (too) large wooden pieces. That is a very unsatisfying combination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ringo84 wrote:
joriswiersinga wrote:

Joris

I have pre ordered the game at a German online retailer. I am very disappointed to wait for more than 4 weeks after the end of Essen fair to receive my copy, but still see no action taken about the (too) large wooden pieces. That is a very unsatisfying combination.

This has been definitively addressed (as was already posted earlier in the thread):
Second edition erratum

Any further complaining about it is just pissing in the wind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
ringo84 wrote:
joriswiersinga wrote:

Joris

This has been definitively addressed (as was already posted earlier in the thread):
Second edition erratum

Since many people are high fiving each other that neither component issues nor delays are problem, I wanted to offer a different opinion. Especially the combination of that the wood components of the last tranche appear to not be produced yet (or are we talking about oversea shipping for the wooden components?) but still no action taken is really disappointing.

In all these threads about the reprint it is really surprising how harsh critical posts are commented and told to be unnecessary (or whatever "pissing in the wind" stands for). How are all the positive comments like "awesome update" or "cool erratum info" (which really is a big letdown to many) that much more valid than my critical comment?

I am wondering how much needs to be messed up till I am "allowed" to voice a complain in your view.
EDIT: I am wondering how much needs to be messed up with a game till I am not belittled by snarky and annoying comments of people who cannot stand the sligthest form of criticism of their favourite game company.
(Since even phrases in quotation marks are taken literally by some users, I see the need to rewrite the sentence)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ringo84 wrote:
I am wondering how much needs to be messed up till I am "allowed" to voice a complain in your view.

You are just as allowed to voice complaints as others are to voice disagreements with your complaints.

I suspect you are confusing permission with agreement and validation. Your ability to write posts to this thread and others has not changed -- you are just as allowed to write your views as you ever were. However the degree of agreement, of validation, of support for your views...there are no guarantees or assurances there. In this case your complaints are not getting the agreement, the resonance, that you'd seem to like, but that is a different thing than your permission to write those posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ringo84 wrote:
grant5 wrote:
ringo84 wrote:
joriswiersinga wrote:

Joris

Second edition erratum

Since many people are high fiving each other that neither component issues nor delays are problem, I wanted to offer a different opinion. Especially the combination of that the wood components of the last tranche appear to not be produced yet (or are we talking about oversea shipping for the wooden components?) but still no action taken is really disappointing.

In all these threads about the reprint it is really surprising how harsh critical posts are commented and told to be unnecessary (or whatever "pissing in the wind" stands for).

Thank god then that google is a thing. I'm sure you'll puzzle it out.

Quote:
How are all the positive comments like "awesome update" or "cool erratum info" (which really is a big letdown to many) that much more valid than my critical comment?

Does it bother you that not everyone is as distraught over this issue as you are, and that some people are happy with the resolution?

Quote:
EDIT: I am wondering how much needs to be messed up with a game till I am not belittled by snarky and annoying comments of people who cannot stand the sligthest form of criticism of their favourite game company.
(Since even phrases in quotation marks are taken literally by some users, I see the need to rewrite the sentence)

I'm sorry that you perceive disagreement as belittling you. It's also important to take note that NOTHING IS MESSED UP in the game in light of the errata. It is 100% functional and ALL components work for their newly stated purpose.

Is the issue here that you don't trust the Splotter guys to decide how to appropriately re-purpose their components in a way that works for the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
ringo84 wrote:

In all these threads about the reprint it is really surprising how harsh critical posts are commented and told to be unnecessary (or whatever "pissing in the wind" stands for).

Well, seems that I got it right in the first place.
Quote:

Quote:
How are all the positive comments like "awesome update" or "cool erratum info" (which really is a big letdown to many) that much more valid than my critical comment?

Does it bother you that not everyone is as distraught over this issue as you are, and that some people are happy with the resolution?

No, it does not bother me. That is the damn point. I do not comment on each positive post. But you are commenting on my critical posts, so you seem to be bothered that I am disappointed by how this whole thing turned out (longer wait till I get the game; components, which likely turn out not to meet my standard of usability such that I have to buy replacement bits).
Quote:
[q]
Is the issue here that you don't trust the Splotter guys to decide how to appropriately re-purpose their components in a way that works for the game?
I trust the Splotter guys to take a business decision that seems reasonable to them. However, I do not have be happy with any workaround (and just publishing errata about the component use is really just the workaround with the least effort I can think of) I am offered by a company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ringo84 wrote:
grant5 wrote:
ringo84 wrote:

Well, seems that I got it right in the first place.
Quote:

Quote:

No, it does not bother me. That is the damn point. I do not comment on each positive post. But you are commenting on my critical posts, so you seem to be bothered that I am disappointed by how this whole thing turned out (longer wait till I get the game; components, which likely turn out not to meet my standard of usability such that I have to buy replacement bits).
Quote:

I trust the Splotter guys to take a business decision that seems reasonable to them. However, I do not have be happy with any workaround (and just publishing errata about the component use is really just the workaround with the least effort I can think of) I am offered by a company.

You may note that I was never critical of your opinion. I merely pointed out that you were pissing in the wind. Wasting your breath, because the decision had already been made. Splotter heard the concerns and decided how to respond.

If you want to keep complaining about something that has already been resolved, then by all means be my guest. But perhaps it makes sense to do so in threads intended for that kind of thing, and not one just asking about shipping time frames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
If you want to keep complaining about something that has already been resolved, then by all means be my guest. But perhaps it makes sense to do so in threads intended for that kind of thing, and not one just asking about shipping time frames.

It is hard to believe that your intention was to keep the discussion limited to information about the shipment dates. My initial comment was referring to Jeroen's statement in this very thread, so I do not think it is out of place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ringo84 wrote:
grant5 wrote:

It is hard to believe that your intention was to keep the discussion limited to information about the shipment dates.

You're right. My primary intention was to point out that you're pissing in the wind. The bit about staying on topic was some tacked on sentiment. If that's the main thing you took out of my post, you're focusing on the wrong thing.
Quote:
My initial comment was referring to Jeroen's statement in this very thread, so I do not think it is out of place.

Your initial comment was to reply to Joris's info about shipping and manufacturing delays and quiz him about the already much debated and resolved large wooden token issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dusek
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this is my thread, I kindly ask to refrain from posting comments, complaints, and other whines concerning the problems with the second edition pieces. There are plenty of threads for that already. This thread was intended for asking the status of the shipment (as clearly stated in the title).

@Joris. Thank you greatly for the update on the information. Delays happen and it is nice to be given an update. As I am in Belgium and asked for FCM and Indonesia to be shipped to Belgium, I am super excited with your last update. Also, at Essen, I inquired at the booth if Splotter was working on something for your next game, to which I received the answer yes. Consider me pre-ordered! Thanks again for the update and great games.

*typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel that Splotter was upfront about everything in this edition of the game. They have submitted pictures, and have updated the rules to fit the pieces. All of this is BEFORE you have the game.

At this point, you can make the decision if you are going to buy the game or not. It seems odd to me that you want to buy the game, then bitch that the game isn't up to your standards. You know about this now. Change it now.

On the other hand, if you want to participate in the time honored tradition of "having your cake, and eating it too", then by all means, continue.

I do it all the time myself. I hate the BGG redesign, yet I still use BGG, and complain about it all the time.

Carry on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolai Cernavin
Germany
Wonsheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mb
joriswiersinga wrote:
26-10-2016

Joris

So did you change your plans again? Because I have preordered both games directly at Splotter, and a friend of mine ordered Zimbabwe only, also at Splotter. We both have yet to recieve any kind of shipping notice, and or the games.

German online shops like Spieltraum, Milan, Magierspiele however, have allready started to ship both games to customers two days ago. Seems kinda odd, no? (and yes I read your quote about "a small number" of shops picking the games up early. Seems to me like that small number is basicaly every big only shop in germany)

Overall I´m very dissapointed with the way Splotter is handling these reprints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm concerned that I could be away for holidays here in the states when the games arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess Splotter could deploy their hordes of workers in many different ways to satisfy demand, after all a company of their size has vast resources at the fingertips and the production lines for their games never stop whirring in the factory next to their immense Hypermart.

Me? I've been waiting hears for an affordable Indonesia (oh, and I ordered TGZ & FCM at the same time). A few weeks more won't matter. Yes, I know they've had my money for quite a while now but that's the choice I made when I ordered. I ordered when the £ bought about €1,40, so I'm quite happy to have paid early!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK, the status on their website isn't up to date anyway...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Piefer "Luke Luke The Orange"

Brooklyn
New York
msg tools
mbmb
Being away for holidays when the shipment arrives is my one concern. It's not always possible to know what carrier will have it when it arrives, so you can't track it or request a hold. It could just randomly show up on your doorstep or at your office, and if you're not around for a week or two, it's kind of a long-shot to hope it will still be there when you're back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why mine are getting delivered to the office - guaranteed to get it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesse Custer wrote:
That's why mine are getting delivered to the office - guaranteed to get it that way.
Yup. We have a responsibility to facilitate safe delivery as much as the sender does. Over here, of course, we can be very lazy about making those arrangements because of our consumer protection laws. Nonetheless, it always makes sense to make it easy for the carrier to make a successful first-time delivery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.