Terraforming Mars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Standard projects rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Crowley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having a blind spot on this - can I use the tags on my cards to help pay for a standard project or is it cash only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
stevecukuk wrote:
Having a blind spot on this - can I use the tags on my cards to help pay for a standard project or is it cash only?

Standard actions are cash only.
They are there so you can still use certain strategic options (like placing a city before covering it with greenery tiles, or reaching a milestone), even if you don't draw the cards for that.
And, of course, so you never run out of stuff to do.

That said, you can never use tags to pay for other cards, only steel and titanium can be used to pay for cards with the building or space tag, respectively.

Cheers,
Sebastian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Love Nilsson
Sweden
Trelleborg
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmb
Use your tags to play? Not sure what you mean.

There's a project and a corp that gives a discount on Standard projects, but other than those it's M€ fr payment.

(As in you can't other resources of any kind)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crowley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bastinator1 wrote:
stevecukuk wrote:

Standard actions are cash only.
They are there so you can still use certain strategic options (like placing a city before covering it with greenery tiles, or reaching a milestone), even if you don't draw the cards for that.
And, of course, so you never run out of stuff to do.

That said, you can never use tags to pay for other cards, only steel and titanium can be used to pay for cards with the building or space tag, respectively.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Thanks for that Sebastian - in my solo run I've been using any tags to help pay for cards. doh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crowley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoveNson wrote:
Use your tags to play? Not sure what you mean.

There's a project and a corp that gives a discount on Standard projects, but other than those it's M€ fr payment.

(As in you can't other resources of any kind)

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Chaney

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very sorry to labor the point now that you have been answered, but I'm really lost as to how you used tags to pay for standard projects.

If you misinterpreted something, others may, too ... understanding your thought process could be helpful in teaching the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crowley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was using tags to pay for cards and wondered if you could use them for standard projects - wrong on both counts !

Reading more into tags than the rules allow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
If the card you're trying to build has a building or space tag, you can use steel or titanium (respectively) to help pay for it. Other than that, I don't recall any other cost-reducing effects from tags. Except, I suppose, for card(s) that reduce the price you pay for events (not sure that that is properly a tag, though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.