Imperial Settlers: Aztecs» Forums » General

Subject: Available in the US? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cory Gideon
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
I was wondering if anyone knew if this expansion was going to be available at US stores anytime soon? I checked Amazon and Cool Stuff Inc's website and they don't have it listed. I've only been able to find it on Portal's website.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Strubczewski
United States
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometime in November I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
No idea. I preordered on the Portal website in June, and it's at the border to Switzerland right now. I guess those who preordered directly from Portal are the ones who'll get it first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Konieczny
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The weird thing is that it seems to have disappeared from Portal store; I cannot find it on English or Polish version (it was there 2 weeks ago or so when I added it to my cart but haven't bought it as I was waiting for them to reply to my messages, sadly - they never did - bad customer service - and now the product is gone).

If anyone can find this being sold in any store, do post here.

I wonder if there was some major misprint and they recalled it? Or maybe it is just that their store sucks; I've noticed before they have major inconsistencies between their Polish and English versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I 'preordered' from Portal web store at the beginning of October, and the game showed up on my doorstep (along with the "Neighbors" mini-expansion tiles) today.
It was $14 for shipping, but I guess the mini-expansion kind of made it worth it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Konieczny
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Could you see if you can find a link to the Aztecs game on Portal website? I wonder why it is gone. Having used their website in the past, I am 80% sure it is because their webmaster sucks. Or maybe it is because they are correcting this misprint. Through it seems that the title has been unavailable in their store for over a week, at least.

What are the Neighbors tiles? I don't see them at https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/154203/imperial-settlers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Neighbors don't seem to have gotten their own entry yet, and I also haven't taken any good pictures of them yet, but here's a basic description:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/23992213#23992213

The English on them is a bit bad but the intent is clear.
(In your case, Piotr, maybe you won't be getting the English versions anyway )

As for the game being on the webstore, you're right I don't see it either. Could have just been up for "preorders" and then they will put it back after an official release date. Or something. No idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Konieczny
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
Yeah Neighbors don't seem to have gotten their own entry yet, and I also haven't taken any good pictures of them yet, but here's a basic description:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/23992213#23992213

The English on them is a bit bad but the intent is clear.
(In your case, Piotr, maybe you won't be getting the English versions anyway )

As for the game being on the webstore, you're right I don't see it either. Could have just been up for "preorders" and then they will put it back after an official release date. Or something. No idea.

Thanks for the explanation. Seems like this promo mini expansion is not available from their store, neither.

Sigh. Shame Portal has terrible information distribution, I buy from their store, but they never notify me of updates by email. I would have pre-ordered it too - if I knew it existed.

And I will be getting English speaking version, I play with English speakers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew G Somers
United States
flag msg tools
Ghouleon m wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knew if this expansion was going to be available at US stores anytime soon?

"December 7th," said Ignacy on the Board Games Insider podcast just the other day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Konieczny
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So their online store (http://portalgames.pl/shop/) is down for few days, "we are moving". Hopefully when they reopen (after 15h Nov) it will be better stocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Ahr
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised!
mbmbmbmbmb
ManWithBirdLikeWing wrote:
Ghouleon m wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knew if this expansion was going to be available at US stores anytime soon?

"December 7th," said Ignacy on the Board Games Insider podcast just the other day.
I hope that's accurate. I have it preordered through my FLGS and there was a lot of confusion just to get to that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates? This is currently holding up an order with Christmas presents
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Konieczny
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
orange_rhino wrote:
Any updates? This is currently holding up an order with Christmas presents

Still not in the English store (Polish one has the Polish version, but...).

No updates on their blog, the lastest about the game is from October: http://portalgames.pl/new_en/article-the-aztecs-rules-are-he...

I suggest you send them a message. They can't keep ignoring all of us. Well, ok, they can, but the more people ask, the sooner one of us gets an answer, hopefully - and shares it here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Michael Bridge
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX6tVSUT9ac

sounds like they held the copies because of the misprints/errors, and the shipment of new cards (& bits?) was lost in transit, so they had to do another print run of the fixes, and then the holidays hit. so maybe february it sounds like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave E

Florida
msg tools
There are copies on amazon, I purchased one and got it today (2 day shipping) and it had about quite a few errors/misprints in it. So it is available-ish... but buy at your own risk I suppose until it is announced the problems are fixed.

Second Edit: Man, just watched that youtube vid, feel pretty bad for them

Lesson learned: Always check bgg forums before Impulse Buying. I was just so excited to see it finally available I couldn't help but buy immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Ahr
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zerofaith wrote:
There are copies on amazon, I purchased one and got it today (2 day shipping) and it had about quite a few errors/misprints in it. So it is available-ish... but buy at your own risk I suppose until it is announced the problems are fixed.

Lesson learned: Always check bgg forums before Impulse Buying. I was just so excited to see it finally available I couldn't help but buy immediately.

I want to say I'm surprised by that, but after my experience with the first edition of 51st State, I'm really not. Hopefully they get a revised edition of this out soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave E

Florida
msg tools
VanillaCokeMule wrote:
Zerofaith wrote:

I want to say I'm surprised by that, but after my experience with the first edition of 51st State, I'm really not. Hopefully they get a revised edition of this out soon.

In the vid Ignacy did mention that they hired somebody to head up new quality control efforts/won't abandon folks with issues out there now, so they taking the situation seriously and attempting to avoid in the future. It sounds like the plan is to fix the current run while its in the warehouse and then release/have it fixed going forward with any reprints, so the first run should be safe once they are released to FLGS.

I suspect since I got mine online it might have been like an Essen copy or something. Since most of my issues are only effecting Egyptians I've already given it a play and the Aztecs were very fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.