Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In Rahdo's run through there's clue cards that can make even the NPC characters the killer but it looks like in the final version, only the possible player characters can end up being possessed by Klein. What was the reason for the change?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Toystorian
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes it more likely that a Player is the traitor. And makes you suspect and question the loyalty of the other Players since Players are now more likely to match one of the clues. Thereby adding more suspense to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that was a good decision. It's better if the bad guy is played intelligently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry if this is answered in the rulebook, as I haven't had a chance yet to really read it (have only skimmed it)... but this thread has my curiosity way up!

So this means that:

With 6 players, the chance that one of them is a traitor is 100%
With 5 players is 83%
With 4 players is 66%
With 3, is 50%
And with 2, there's a 33% chance that one is a traitor?

If the above is correct, then getting back to a six player game, it's 100% known that there is definitely a traitor. This of course differs a little from the traitor mechanic in let's say, Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game, where all the players are never sure that one of them is a traitor. I like that aspect.

So again, if my above calculations are correct, then with the lower player counts is when you are less and less sure? I think I might like that better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those percentages look right to me.

But in Dead of Winter, the betrayer knows that they are a betrayer from the beginning of the game. In Crimson Creek, if you are Klein, you will probably find out at some point in the game, although even that's not guaranteed.

Also in this game, the Klein player is usually just as cooperative as everyone else until they know for sure that they are Klein. Although, sometimes people will start to hold back information if they are 50% sure they are Klein, which can happen if they have only seen one of the two clues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.