Hide
5 Posts

Alchemists: The King's Golem» Forums » Rules

Subject: Allowed to record the neutral result from golem testing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Morton
msg tools
As noted on page 9 of the rulebook, two ingredients that produce the same result from a golem test must make water / the neutral result with each other. Is it allowable to take a water-result token and put it at the appropriate junction in the test-record triangle when this happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There's a shape called "The Golden Rectangle". Have you heard of it?
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It refers to a rectangle that's approximately contstructed in the ratio of 9 to 16. The golden rectangle has several characteristics. Let's say I create a square within this shape. Then, this smaller rectangle that I just created will also be a
badge
golden rectangle. I make another square within that and the leftover is another golden rectangle. And I make a few more, and when I connect all the central points of these shapes it creates a spiral that continues forever. This is the "Golden Spin".
mbmbmbmbmb
The token pyramid thing is just a tool; nothing stopping you from doing whatever you like with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I would just caution; I personally use the token pyramid as my definitive authority for "experiments I have personally performed" without any inferences, so if my grid later contradicts itself, I can backtrack to a known correct baseline. The neutral results from Golem Testing are a bit of a gray area for me, since they are experiments I performed, but not a direct mixing so there is an inference there. Whatever works best for you, though, do it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Adams
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:
The token pyramid thing is just a tool; nothing stopping you from doing whatever you like with it.

In contrast, the little public board in front of every player must also receive a token for every potion you have actually created, but I would imagine getting a neutral result on the golem does not count. So, you could record it on your grid or triangle map, but not place a token on your public board. I don't think it probably matters much though, as the public board only restricts you during the exhibition (I believe), when no one wants to see neutral potions anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jfadams wrote:
I don't think it probably matters much though, as the public board only restricts you during the exhibition (I believe), when no one wants to see neutral potions anyway.

What do you mean by "restricts you during the exhibition"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.