Subject: Some animal ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AY Ronny
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just some silly brainstorming

meeple Mole - they like cards in discard pile.
Card 1: "Swap your hand with the discard pile."
Card 2: "Search any discard pile for a card and play it. Put it back to its owner discard pile after resolving it."
Card 3: "Search the market discard pile for 1 card and put it into your hand."
Card 4: "This card's value is equal to the number of cards in your discard pile."

meeple Pig - they like huge deck and make junk very strong. So strong that every player will try to grab other players' junk.
Card 1: "All junk cards worth 3 more this turn."
Card 2: "This card's value is equal to the number of cards in your deck."
Card 3: "Reveal any number of Junk card from your hand. Draw that many number of cards."

meeple Killer whale - they like making final decisions for other, aka permission deck style.
Card 1: "When a player resolves a technique card, you may discard this card to cancel that effect. If you do, that player may take a card from the market to his hand."
Card 2: "When a player resolves a technique card with value 4 or more, you may discard this card to cancel that effect."
Card 3: "When a player resolves a technique card with a +, you may discard this card to cancel that effect unless that player discards cards with total value of 2 or more."

meeple Chiwawa - less merchant and more shopaholics. They like buying lots of things and have no time to build stall. They aim at winning by stopping others to have any 4 or 5 value cards.
Card 1: "Draw 3 cards. You can buy any number of cards this turn. You cannot build stall this turn."
Card 2: "Until the start of your next turn, players cannot buy cards with value 4 or more."
Card 3: "Search the market deck for a card and buy it. Shuffle the market deck."
Card 4: "Replenish the market immediately. Draw a card."
Card 5: "This card worth 2 more for each empty slot in the market. You cannot use this card to build stall."

meeple Swallow - They like long action chain. Some of their technique cards has ++, too.
Card 1: "++"
Card 2: "Draw a card for each card with + you played this turn."

meeple Bull dog - They are prison warden taking away others' card for sudden investigation.
Card 1: "Set aside a random card from another player's hand with this card. Put that card into its owner's discard pile and the start of your next turn."
Card 2: "Set aside a card from another player's discard pile with this card. Put that card into its owner's discard pile and the start of your next turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a whole bunch of really funny and creative ideas! Some are more balanced than others of course. I'll see, if we plunder and salvage some of these... arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever mechanic you will choose, please let it be for Armadillos or Aardvarks :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AY Ronny
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Liuhuparta wrote:
That's a whole bunch of really funny and creative ideas! Some are more balanced than others of course. I'll see, if we plunder and salvage some of these... arrrh

Please go ahead and grab them! That will be my honour lol.

I type this one becoz I read elsewhere that you want DoM series to take a short break and I really want to back DoM3 already!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AY Ronny
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Whatever mechanic you will choose, please let it be for Armadillos or Aardvarks

With the track record of DoM and DoM2, I'm sure he can bring out the species we most unexpected I really don't know where did he draw all those inspiration from (Animal Planet, maybe?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ville Kuusinen
msg tools
There's some good-looking stuff in there. I won't join in thinking up new mechanics but I do have a question most pressing for the creator:
Why are there no primates? It'd be funny to see something creepy-cute like tarsiers in the game's visual style. I guess something bigger could be nice too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, some really good card ideas here! It seems to me DoM3 will contain more than 6 decks... ninja

There are primates in the game world, just not a primate deck yet. I would like to see the aye-aye. Tarsiers are even creepier than it, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Billiamsterx wrote:
There's some good-looking stuff in there. I won't join in thinking up new mechanics but I do have a question most pressing for the creator:
Why are there no primates? It'd be funny to see something creepy-cute like tarsiers in the game's visual style. I guess something bigger could be nice too.
As Seppo said, there are some in the world. Take a look at the market board's night version in Dale of Merchants 2 for example. The animalfolk lineup for Dale of Merchants 3 isn't set in stone yet, so everyone's suggestions can and probably will influence our decisions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.