Dave Dubin
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've held off contributing a description of Cờ tư lệnh for a number of months, because it has seemed to be under review in the submission queue, though listed with a different name.

Lately I've begun to suspect there may be occasional departures from the FIFO principle. Maybe.

If approval of a game is held up due to an incomplete description, or the need to resolve some administrative concern, there may be others in the community who could help. In situations like these, how does one find out the length of time an item has been in the queue, and the general nature of the obstacle?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no way for a user to determine the date entered into the queue or if the game is held up. Only an admin can found out those things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dubin
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The collective BGG hivemind regularly identifies childhood favorites for visitors, based only on very sketchy descriptions. If game submissions are often held up in the submission queue, perhaps this community resource is being underutilized.

Given the current setup, how many months would you recommend that I hang on to my item description before adding it to the queue on top of the pending entry?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ddubin wrote:

If approval of a game is held up due to an incomplete description, or the need to resolve some administrative concern, there may be others in the community who could help. In situations like these, how does one find out the length of time an item has been in the queue, and the general nature of the obstacle?

You could geekmail me and say, "I've been wanting to submit XYZ, but I've noticed it's been pending (under name ABC) for a few months now. Is there something I can help with, or should I submit a new entry?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dubin
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
You could geekmail me and say, "I've been wanting to submit XYZ, but I've noticed it's been pending (under name ABC) for a few months now. Is there something I can help with, or should I submit a new entry?"

Thank you. I've only been watching the Cờ tư lệnh entry since February, but have begun to worry that there may be a hold up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had game submissions go through the queue in few days when they have been well done, so yeah, it's definitely not a strict FIFO system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.