$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past» Forums » General

Subject: Card sleeve size and count rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Subject says it all, anyone know what it is?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin Wilson on Facebook wrote:
I've got mine sleeved in FFG standard card game size sleeves (the grey dot), which are 63.5x88mm or 2.5"x3.5". As for card count... there's 128 in the retail box, then there's 6 extra ally cards for backers, 7 skill cards for April, 5 for Casey, and 8 for Splinter (Works only). So, 146 cards for standard, 154 for works.

The character sheets, there are 13 in the retail version, 17 in the standard KS, and 24 in the Works. 10.5cm x 13cm


Paraphrased slightly.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
Kevin Wilson on Facebook wrote:
I've got mine sleeved in FFG standard card game size sleeves (the grey dot), which are 63.5x88mm or 2.5"x3.5". As for card count... there's 128 in the retail box, then there's 6 extra ally cards for backers, 7 skill cards for April, 5 for Casey, and 8 for Splinter (Works only). So, 146 cards for standard, 154 for works.

The character sheets, there are 13 in the retail version, 17 in the standard KS, and 24 in the Works. 10.5cm x 13cm


Paraphrased slightly.


Thanks batman (I've seen you in enough KS's to know your profile pic... sad? or creepy?)

Anyway looks like I'll be bringing in the character sheets to work on monday for some laminating. Thanks again!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there a sleeve size that will fit those character sheets? Normally I wouldn't worry, but limited edition and all that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bubblepipemedia wrote:
Is there a sleeve size that will fit those character sheets? Normally I wouldn't worry, but limited edition and all that.


Found this:
https://www.createforless.com/Card-Sleeves-4-1/4--x-5-1/2-in...?

Not sure how well they would work as they are slightly too big. Personally I've always laminated any of my game's card stock items that were too large for a sleeve and it always works out well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Pigg
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see Donn was able to get you the answer - I was the one who originally asked the question on Facebook and between Nate Murray and Kevin Wilson, I believe it was answered pretty well. I totally meant to add it to the wiki or the master card sleeve geeklist or something here on BGG, but couldn't figure out the best place and then just forgot about it.

Given the odd size of the character sheets, I probably won't be sleeving those, but The Works will be my first game I sleeve and I am already afraid it will become an addiction for my higher-cost games. cry
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
masterpigg wrote:
Glad to see Donn was able to get you the answer - I was the one who originally asked the question on Facebook and between Nate Murray and Kevin Wilson, I believe it was answered pretty well. I totally meant to add it to the wiki or the master card sleeve geeklist or something here on BGG, but couldn't figure out the best place and then just forgot about it.

Given the odd size of the character sheets, I probably won't be sleeving those, but The Works will be my first game I sleeve and I am already afraid it will become an addiction for my higher-cost games. cry

As an obsessive sleever I can say that it is worth it. Especially with games that have expansions that come out years later (I'm looking at you Battlestar Galactica)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
As an obsessive sleever I can say that it is worth it.


Ditto, there's been a couple times where sleeves have saved my games from drink mishaps (in spite of my 'keep all drinks off the table' policy).

The one thing that is annoying is when insert makers don't account for sleeved cards. I've chucked quite a few nicely designed inserts because the cards wouldn't fit anymore.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Troutman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, inserts don't always play nice with sleeves. I'm hoping for a Go7 insert for the Works. I've used them in the past for Imperial Assault and their inserts were perfect with sleeved cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:
corkysru wrote:
As an obsessive sleever I can say that it is worth it.


Ditto, there's been a couple times where sleeves have saved my games from drink mishaps (in spite of my 'keep all drinks off the table' policy).

The one thing that is annoying is when insert makers don't account for sleeved cards. I've chucked quite a few nicely designed inserts because the cards wouldn't fit anymore.

You don't always have to chuck them... Sometimes an exacto knife and some creative surgery works just as well. Seasons is a perfect example of that. But... not all inserts can be saved.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Thornsbery
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:
bubblepipemedia wrote:
Is there a sleeve size that will fit those character sheets? Normally I wouldn't worry, but limited edition and all that.


Found this:
https://www.createforless.com/Card-Sleeves-4-1/4--x-5-1/2-in...?

Not sure how well they would work as they are slightly too big. Personally I've always laminated any of my game's card stock items that were too large for a sleeve and it always works out well.


I ordered some of these, they don't work very well. They're not really sleeves, they're more like a wrapper with a little pocket on the bottom. They remind me of the plastic that they wrap around slices of cheese.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Snider
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
bubblepipemedia wrote:
Is there a sleeve size that will fit those character sheets? Normally I wouldn't worry, but limited edition and all that.

I meant to post this months ago, simply forgot, but the Swan Panasia SWN-533 (110x250mm) premium sleeves work pretty well for the character sheets (after trimming off the excess of course).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.