mbmbmbmb

mb GOOD ALIGNMENT CARD PREVIEWS mb

mb EVIL ALIGNMENT CARD PREVIEWS mb

mb SAGE ALIGNMENT CARD PREVIEWS mb

mb WILD ALIGNMENT CARD PREVIEWS mb

— LORE —

mbmbmbmb

Kark’s Edict
Captain Markus’ tyrannical grip on the people of Covenant has sparked an uprising. With the city in chaos, Chamberlain Kark has issued an edict declaring martial law. As the Watch make scores of arrests, popular support for the uprising grows even stronger. Will justice prevail?

Flames of Scarros
For years, the wilds around the city of Covenant have been terrorized by the mighty Draka. Now, there are whispers that the tyrannical dragon may have been defeated. This is small comfort to those being burned out of their homes by Draka’s hound, Scarros. With each fiery battle, Scarros’ power seems to grow. Will someone defeat him before the wilds are consumed in flame?

Velden’s Wrath
The mighty Velden has come from the far north. Has this wrathful titan come to fight the forces of Draka and demons of Raxxa, or is he just another one of the mysterious Helion’s puppets? The fairies say he is the one heralded by the mist guides, and they’ve rallied to his banner. As his forces come closer to the city of Covenant, the question looms: hero or villain?

Will of Zannos
With the city of Covenant in the midst of a savage uprising, a dark force is growing in the shadows. Zannos, the Corpse Lord, is using the casualties of the conflict to provide more soldiers for his army of plague zombies. Can the will of Zannos be stopped before it’s too late?

Chamberlain Kark intro story written by Ian Taylor:
“Do you question my orders, Captain Markus?”
“No, Lord Chamberlain,” said the Watch-Captain. “I want to confirm them. Martial law is not something that the people will easily forget, or forgive.”
Chamberlain Kark stalked to the window of his garish office. He enjoyed watching people, as long as they were small, and distant. “They will remember that we kept them safe. The priests all tell me that the Dragonsong is ending soon. If one believes such things.”
“I will lock the city down, as you wish,” said Markus. “I have heard the howl of Draka on the wind. It is only a matter of time before he attacks the city directly.”
“It’s more than that,” said Kark. “Raxxa and Zannos have ended their petty squabble, and those fools at the Forbidden Citadel have lost control of their own. Spies report a titan from the North approaching. We have to be ready for anything.”
Markus frowned. “If it is true that we are but pieces in a game of the gods, then I refuse to be discarded. I intend to make my mark, and the gods will know my name.”
Chamberlain Kark nodded. “You are my most effective weapon against the chaos. There are dark times ahead, but we have good men, and demons run when good men go to war.”
Captain Markus turned and left. He would clean the streets, and save his city. The Battle of Covenant was coming, and he intended to win.

Scarros intro story written by Ian Taylor:
The Forcemage stood at the edge of the great forest that dominated the Pasik valley. Before him ran the Everblessed, the sacred river that protected the shining city of Convenant from the Blight of the desert wasteland the peasants called the Ahn-Het Forge. The Forge is where the demons spawned. While the river flowed, they could not cross.
He stepped forward, looking for a safe place to ford, and steeling himself for the ordeal ahead, when he heard the unmistakable growl.
The Forcemage pulled back his cloak and turned. He had not expected to be interrupted. His unique talents had caused the denizens of the forest to give him a wide berth on his journey, but this was not to be a normal encounter.
“Good morning,” said Helion. His heart raced, but he did not show his fear to the two-headed firebreathing hound. This is the one the villagers called Scarros, an ancient word meaning ‘Fear.’ Two heads. Two minds. This may be a challenge.
Scarros did not approach. Helion considered running for the safety of the Everblessed, but his brief probe of the mutated beast told him that’s what Scarros was waiting for.
Helion tried to push the hound away with his mind, but all he saw was darkness and corruption. This was Raxxa’s influence. The Demon Lord had been attempting to poison Draka the Hunter with rift energy, presumably to turn the mighty dragon to his will. Draka’s mind was strong enough to resist the darkness, at least for a time, but the corruption had to go somewhere. The forest ran wild with mutations.
The villagers had told stories of the nightmares this created. Scarros was the worst of them.
Helion took a step towards his visitor. Scarros stepped back, having never experienced someone so small being so bold. Helion raised his hand to grab the mind of the mutated hound. Their souls were fire. They burned together. Slowly, one of Scarros’ heads dipped, then the other.
The Forcemage approached, and put his hand on the scaly surface of the corrupted hound. His touch had a singular effect, however. Scarros howled and reared, slamming one of his heads into Helion’s torso, and sending the Forcemage flying. He landed hard next to the flowing river.
Through the haze of pain, he saw Scarros. The hound was not charging for the kill. Helion saw a shadow pass across the sun, and heard the familiar call of the mighty hunter. Draka called to Scarros, and Scarros obeyed.
“Another time, Hunter,” said the Forcemage, his ego bruised more than anything else.
Helion stood and brushed his robes, and tried to regain his dignity. This was not a setback. The mind of corruption is a tough puzzle, but now he had the key. He knew what he did wrong with Scarros, and he would not make the same mistake again. The demons of the Ahn-Het Forge would bow to his will, and then… the Forbidden Citadel would be his.

Velden intro story written by Ian Taylor:
Knights of the Dawn were not supposed to ride this far from Covenant, but Gladius was old, grizzled, and cared nothing for the rules of his order. Not when it would endanger the people of his home village. Breaking the laws of the order usually resulted in banishment, but Gladius had a higher purpose and was not afraid of such petty edicts.
Yalun was a trade village that had sprung up at the base of a long mountain range that the locals called Pantheon. Each of the frozen peaks was said to represent one of the gods of Danabrae. The path was treacherous, and was usually avoided this time of year.
Except by frost titans. It wasn’t often they would come down to the low land, but when they did, they caused havoc and strife.
Gladius had gathered a small militia at the northern gate of Yalun. Elara, of the Forbidden Citadel, had warned Covenant that the frost titan Velden was coming. Velden was a curious one, rarely leaving the peaks of Pantheon. The decision was made to leave him be, but Gladius had to be certain of the mighty lord’s motivations.
The ground shook, heralding the arrival of the largest being that Gladius had ever seen up close. Velden was the size of three buildings, and carried an axe that could easily split a cart in two.
“Steady,” said Gladius. “Don’t show fear.”
The titan calmly walked to the north gate of the village. With a curious look on the mighty blue features, he stopped.
“Frost lord,” said Gladius. “State your business. Are you friend, or foe?”
Velden gave a smirk. A curious gesture on one so large, but the directness of the question amused him.
“I have no quarrel with you, or your kin,” boomed Velden.
“I must ask you to walk around the village,” said Gladius.
“Why?”
“I give no reason.” Gladius had moved forward to confront the titan directly. “I am the defender.”
“And what do you propose to do if I walk where I please?”
Gladius sheathed his sword and pulled his longbow. Within seconds, he had an arrow nocked and aimed at the titan’s face. “First one eye, frost lord, then the other.”
Gladius scowled but said nothing. After a tense moment that felt like an hour, the titan suddenly moved. He spun, and ducked, and swung his titan axe in an arc, catching a tree to the right of the gate, and hurling it from its roots. The tree caught Gladius a glancing blow, knocking him of his horse. Gladius hit the dirt hard. He struggled to regain his composure, as he heard the titan stride over him.
“I have no wish to hurt you, defender. Stay down, and I will pass.”
Gladius regained his feet, seeing Velden had already stepped past the gate, and into the village proper. The ground shook, carts rattled, small thatched roofs started losing their straw. The people looked to him, their defender.
“Stop!” yelled Gladius, and with that he nocked another arrow and fired. The shard of wood struck the titan in the shoulder. It seemed to cause no pain, but Velden turned to face the knight once more. Another arrow had been aimed at his face.
“Knight,” said Velden. “You have heard the stories of me?”
“I have,” said Gladius.
“Stories of me tend to be quite… graphic. Are you not afraid?”
“I fear nothing.”
Velden considered this. He respected bravery. At least enough to not destroy it utterly. Plus, it made sense to have somebody that perhaps owed him a favor.
“If you will allow me,” said the frost lord, “I would like to walk around your village.”
Gladius lowered his bow and stepped aside. He was still wary of the titan’s motivation, but he was still a man of honor, and he would let the titan pass.
The footsteps had not quite receded when Gladius recovered his horse and mounted. Wherever Velden’s journey lay, Covenant would have to be warned.

Zannos intro story written by Ian Taylor:
At the Southern edge of the Pantheon mountain range fell the waters of the Everblessed. These waters were a gift from Kalnor to the people of Covenant. The river separated the Deepwood from the desert of the Ahn-Het Forge, and the demons of the Forge could not cross the river as long as it flowed.
The stench of the Everblessed was overwhelming, but Raxxa was above it all. The mighty Demon had a purpose to fulfill.
“Corpse Lord!” he bellowed. The words had barely escaped his cavernous maw when, with the suddenness of death, Zannos appeared among the trees at the edge of the forest. The necromancer walked alone, but the roiling earth surrounding him suggested that he was not undefended.
The two unholy beings faced each other from opposite shores of the holy river. Raxxa could not cross, and Zannos was too smart to enter the Forge.
“I am not accustomed to being summoned, O lord of the nether-wastes.”
Raxxa’s glare was constant. He would love nothing more than to pull out the spine of the evil wizard, and throw it over the walls of Covenant, but this was a time for diplomacy.
“We desire the same thing.” said Raxxa. “The destruction of Covenant.”
Zannos smirked. “I agree with your goals, though your methods are sub-optimal. Your rift gate has no power, and your armies are small. There is also the matter of this river.”
“What kind of world is this, where the land holds no power? I cannot draw anything from it!”
“I can,” said Zannos. “It requires nuance to awaken the dead. I doubt your…lordship…has the touch for such delicate work.”
Raxxa bristled. The Demon Lord cared nothing for nuance and delicacy, but he would not tolerate disrespect.
“Have a care, corpsemonger. This river will dry up soon, and thus goes your protection from my wrath.”
“You have knowledge of the Dragonsong?”
“I do.” Most beings couldn’t hear the Dragonsong; many even claimed it didn’t exist. Dragons and priests were said to hear it and use it to interpret the will and whims of the gods. One thing all believers seemed to agree upon: when the song ended, the whatever game the gods played would be over.
Zannos considered this. “The song will end soon?”
“Very soon,” said Raxxa. “The river will run dry, and then Covenant will fall.”
“What do you desire of me?”
“Oppose me not, deadlord, and I will leave behind cemeteries bulging with corpses. But hear this, if I or my demons even see you or your puppets…”
“Worry not, demon. I will remain out of your way. I also wish for the fall of the shining city.” Zannos’ mouth turned into a dark smile. “Perhaps one eon, you and I will meet in the final battle.’
“I care nothing for the gods or their games,” said Raxxa. “I do as I wish.”
“Then why attack the city at all?”
Raxxa turned and walked back into the Ahn-Het Forge. He would not answer the human’s query. He had no answer, because he had never asked himself this very question. Why attack the city?
Zannos grinned as Raxxa entered the heat haze of the vast desert. The Demon Lord knew nothing of puppets. He would learn soon enough, at the fall of Covenant.

— PACK LISTS —

mbmbmbmb

KARK’S EDICT PACK CONTENTS:

mb Chamberlain Kark
mb Justice Prevails
mb Martial Law
mb Mythic Monster
mb Fires of Rebellion
mb Spore Beast
mb Consume
mb Grave Demon
mb Winged Death
mb Citadel Scholar
mb Fairy Trickster
mb Knight of Elara
+ Human/Demon token.

FLAMES OF SCARROS PACK CONTENTS:

mb Scarros, Hound of Draka
mb Hunting Pack
mb Go Wild
mb Little Devil
mb No Escape
mb Saren, Night Stalker
mb Force Field
mb Reset
mb War Machine
mb Brand, Rebel Fighter
mb Master Zo
mb Silver Dragon
+ Wolf/Zombie token.

VELDEN’S WRATH PACK CONTENTS:

mb Velden, Frost Titan
mb Erratic Research
mb Frantic Digging
mb Angel of the Gate
mb Rescue Griffin
mb Village Protector
mb Den Mother
mb Flame Spike
mb Winds of Change
mb Demonic Rising
mb Raxxa’s Enforcer
mb Rift Summoner
+ Human/Demon token.

WILL OF ZANNOS PACK CONTENTS:

mb Zannos, Corpse Lord
mb Corpsemonger
mb Plague Zombies
mb Citadel Raven
mb Reusable Knowledge
mb Siren’s Song
mb Avenger of Covenant
mb Bodyguard
mb Gladius the Defender
mb Entangling Vines
mb Pyrosaur
mb Savage Uprising
+ Wolf/Zombie token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
How cute, the expansion symbol is a little kitty cat head
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atalay Ileri
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dinosaur Dragon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something that people missed is that the set will be legal for Worlds. From chatting with a White Wizard employee at a tournament, he said that they may be giving the packs out with the welcome bag for qualified participants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
Pseudohuman wrote:
Dinosaur Dragon...
Pyrosaur + Thundarus + Chomp devil

Let's be honest though, your opponent will never let that junk slide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Otto
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw it on the website, yesssss!!!!! Love the new cards!

I'm so pumped for this expansion! (A bit sad, it's again 4 small packs instead of one, though most people will get all 4 anyway, but whatever!)

I will get them no matter what! Hope this game goes wild and more and more people will see the beauty in it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bolens
msg tools
mb
With how good lifegain decks are right now, all I have to say is Kark will be broken as fuck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kark - I already have voiced my concerns as have many others. I definitely worry he's too good but we'll have to see what else is there. I think at the very least he will eliminate a lot of potential decks because they simply won't be able to keep up.

Little Devil - decent little surprise guy but there are so many good evil 0-cost cards out there this probably won't be seen much except maybe a army of the apocalypse deck.

Saren - 10 power blitz and unbreakable is pretty ridiculous. Can be weenie blocked or bounced, but still. Quite the punishment for spending your gold on defense first. Not easy to kill afterwards either unlike juggernaut

War Machine - This is a big one. That tribute ability is huge! Remove all weenies and other annoying 0-cost stuff automatically, then if you hit the loyalty then you got a blitzing giant guy to contend with who is really hard to direct burn. Very nice card

Frantic Digging - Great card. Soul Hunter anyone? I love drawing and recycling.

Winds of change - meh. It could obviously win you the game but bounce and board wipes ruins it. Nice you can draw a card though.

Pyrosaur - love it. As long as you hit the loyalty that's 4 damage to your opponent and opponent's champions. It also leaves a unit on the board who also is attacking if you hit the loyalty. Not likely to survive but still, needs to be dealt with, and most likely earned its worth beforehand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus frowned. “If it is true that we are but pieces in a game of the gods, then I refuse to be discarded. I intend to make my mark, and the gods will know my name.”

This is outrageous and I love it. Poor Markus is getting a complex from all the times we let him go after a Psionic Assault...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I the only one to get the Doctor Who reference in the fiction?

*cricket cricket*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope the flavor text present on nearly half of the previews is an accurate reflection of what's to come in Uprising. I would love to see a lore for Epic that's relatively discernible from playing the game itself rather than having to rely so heavily on content from other sources.

Alternatively, I think it would be awesome to someday see lore cards packed into the expansions with a paragraph or two of Ian Taylor's writings. Each pack would contain its own lore card (1 of 4). Buy all 4 packs, and you'll get the full story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
scarecrowking wrote:

*cricket cricket*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrewkapish wrote:
I hope the flavor text present on nearly half of the previews is an accurate reflection of what's to come in Uprising. I would love to see a lore for Epic that's relatively discernible from playing the game itself rather than having to rely so heavily on content from other sources.

Alternatively, I think it would be awesome to someday see lore cards packed into the expansions with a paragraph or two of Ian Taylor's writings. Each pack would contain its own lore card (1 of 4). Buy all 4 packs, and you'll get the full story.

I'd love to see more lore, but I'm hoping this is the last foil packs expansion. It makes sense for SR, not for Epic, just stick it in one box. I bet the sales figures are identical for all 4 packs! But yes, lore text on cards is always the best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
I'd love to see more lore, but I'm hoping this is the last foil packs expansion. It makes sense for SR, not for Epic, just stick it in one box. I bet the sales figures are identical for all 4 packs! But yes, lore text on cards is always the best!
Agreed! A single, proportionately priced, tuckbox is definitely the way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
scarecrowking wrote:

*cricket cricket*

I was hardly going to get that one over considering the nerd cred of the audience.

I think some might have missed it because of the discard line though.

Ian Taylor
Director of Hidden References
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
andrewkapish wrote:

I like you.

Ian Taylor
Andrew Kapish fan Club
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IanWWG wrote:
scarecrowking wrote:

*cricket cricket*

I was hardly going to get that one over considering the nerd cred of the audience.

Ian Taylor
White Wizard Games

I hope you're not talking about me. I didn't get it because I don't believe in the new Dr. Who...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
greylag wrote:
IanWWG wrote:
scarecrowking wrote:

*cricket cricket*

Ian Taylor
White Wizard Games

I hope you're not talking about me. I didn't get it because I don't believe in the new Dr. Who...

You should because it totally exists!

It has its moments, and there are some great quotable lines. But it's a different show. (I've seen every ep of the original, multiple times, thanks to the good folks at Loose Cannon, so my nerd cred is intact.)

Ian Taylor
Doctor of Practically Everything
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:
Markus frowned. “If it is true that we are but pieces in a game of the gods, then I refuse to be discarded.

IanWWG wrote:

Giggle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: are we expecting more reveals prior to November 2? If so, when can we expect the next one? And how often?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
happyjosiah wrote:
Question: are we expecting more reveals prior to November 2? If so, when can we expect the next one? And how often?

So…

Over the next couple of weeks we will continue to preview cards — you can see the entire list here. The entire set will be posted on or about November 2nd.

Post says "over the next couple weeks" but Nov.2nd-ish is only about a week away. Haha so I don't know what's up. Assume to see more stuff soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Arnold
msg tools
mbmb
They will release REDACTED on REDACTED and REDACTED on REDACTED. Except if they don't. Then we will get the full set around November 2nd. Except if we won't. You know the drill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Oh, ok.

Savage Uprising.

- Nathan Davis
[REDACTED]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated post to include Savage Uprising. Nice little strategy/card design overview from Nathan Davis in the link too.

Art look familiar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is that not on one of the booster packs? Never mind Kark's Edict, I want a pack called Gorilla Punch!.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.