XenoShyft: Dreadmire» Forums » General

Subject: Whats the hold up?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is this game late and why no info for us?...let me explain..you usually get late shipping etc when the games got lots of minis and such like!.or...the game is being built from scratch and needs redesigning etc.this game has neither.theres no minis in the game at all.its just a card game.
plus almost all the templates were in place from the first game..so that should cut right back on time..and the rules are pretty similar.

so,why the late launch??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the kickstarter updates. They've been pretty straight forward about everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Cook
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The updates on the kickstarter page pretty much cover it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
White Screen
msg tools
Just FYI, I just got my package on Monday (I'm in APAC).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whitescreen wrote:
Just FYI, I just got my package on Monday (I'm in APAC).

Good to know! Though IIRC, I think you guys were supposed to get your packages first? I remember I did the math after CMON's latest update and those of us in Canada should be getting ours some time around Dec 15th. US will be a little later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
congrats you guys who have got yours...but,it still doesn't answer why the game is so late?its not like its built from scratch...most of the stuff was already in place.like card templates rules basically this is a standalone expansion.!! its got to be the minis?..ooops no minis its just cards and tokens.so no excuses at all for this game to be late...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Seubert
United States
Lusby
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Kickstarter backer for XenoShyft: Dreadmire, I found the updates provided on the game's Kickstarter page to be informative and helpful.

If you really want to understand the issues with the production and shipping process, I recommend that you start with Update #45: Production Update (6.10.2016).

Read that one, and then keep on clicking the "Next Update >" links and read your way through the entire process up through Update #53: Shipping Update (11.22.2016).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
congrats you guys who have got yours...but,it still doesn't answer why the game is so late?

As has already been pointed out in this thread, CMON has in fact been quite clear in communicating delays. I've found their communication to be plenty sufficient, both in terms of explaining the source of the delay and in providing updated time estimates as they've been able.

As far as I can tell, the Kickstarter updates are public, so you don't even need to have been a backer to read them. And if you are a backer, you don't even have to go through the "trouble" of checking the KS campaign for updates from time to time, since KS automatically emails you the updates to any projects you've backed.

All of which is my long-winded way of saying: "This still doesn't answer why couldn't you be bothered to actually read the information the company made clearly and publicly available before complaining that they hadn't provided any information?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Percy
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
401 Told me that they get them in February. So I must keep money aside for that But no KS exclusives and I really wanted a 5-6 player exp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.