Subject: Team Gears Token on #1?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me, or does it seem like numerous video tutorials/playthrough(s), seem to frequently place the Team Gears Token on spot number 1 when setting up the game? I know the gear ring has a big red arrow pointing at the #1 for the set up, but it clearly states "Team Gears start at zero every Mission."

Not sure if this is a big deal or not.

PS. Rodney Smith plays it perfectly as usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Piquette
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah this confused me too. The instructions clearly say it starts at zero, but I've definitely seen reviewers start it at one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Allen
msg tools
Icarus599 wrote:
Yeah this confused me too. The instructions clearly say it starts at zero, but I've definitely seen reviewers start it at one.

Reviewers are inherently worse at board games than your average board gamer, so they have to resort to small, hard to notice advantages in setup to show that they can beat a board game too!

Or they just make a simple rule mistake like all of us board-gamers do from time to time with a new game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JshaunallenTX wrote:
Icarus599 wrote:

Reviewers are inherently worse at board games than your average board gamer, so they have to resort to small, hard to notice advantages in setup to show that they can beat a board game too!

Or they just make a simple rule mistake like all of us board-gamers do from time to time with a new game.

It's definitely the first choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.