Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. If I purchase Hero Packs 1, 2, and 3, will this get me all 28 Global effect cards so that I wouldn't need to purchase the Global effects deck to get them all?

2. If I buy the new dragon expansion (2nd ed.), do I just need to purchase the Quests of the Realm deck to then have my base game match up with the new Dragon expansion cards? (I.E., I don't need to purchase the replacement decks for the entire base game) It is only the Quest deck from the base game that no longer matches, correct?

Following up on question 2, I noticed that the Quests of the Realm deck says it comes with 23 quests from the base game, however, the base game says it comes with 24 quests. What single quest is left out?

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not 100% sure on what Global came in what. I have the ones that came with the Hero expansions and there are plenty. You only want to put in a few each time anyway, so you would never play with ALL of them.

I do believe you would have to buy the Quest deck for them to match the cards in the Dragon quests. And let me add: you will want to. Of all the expansions, I feel the Quest Deck is the one that is essential. The base game quests are very basic in my opinion.

The Quest Deck gives you some REALLY great ones and even some that have bad things happen if you DON'T complete them. I like the tension that they provide as you can get some really awesome things in a quest...but you have to stop pursuing your main objective a bit in order to do it.

To help with that temptation some more, I play my own variant where I include the Legends deck in the game and if a character completes 3 quests, they get to draw from the Legends deck that will bestow upon them an additional power (sometimes at a cost )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero Packs 1, 2, & 3 used to come with randomized Global Effects cards. They are now packaged with a static set of cards, so buying all three will get you the same 28 Global Effects cards that are in the Global Effects Deck. The Global Effects Deck was basically for people that bought the original hero packs and got lots of duplicates and didn't get the full set.

I believe the Quest Deck covers all the Base and Dragon Expansion quests and includes an extra 50 or so. I don't think there was any that was left out, so the 23/24 thing might just be a mistake. They also combined some of the quests to work no matter which expansion you're using. For example, instead of having a 'Scout Gorgutt Quest' for the base game green general, and a 'Scout Hemlock Quest' for the expansion green general, they now have a quest that is simply 'Scout the Green General'. That way it works for future expansions as well no matter who the green general is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there still a chance I would be getting a hero pack so old that it would have randomized global effect cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robininni wrote:
Is there still a chance I would be getting a hero pack so old that it would have randomized global effect cards?

Can't imagine there wouldn't be some still out there. Best to ask.

Edit: Of course zero chance from the publisher. If you buy from any retail or other source, I still think you might find one of the rare ones and best to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
robininni wrote:

No chance, the older packs of these are sold out so you would only be getting the new packs.

Doom Turtle's responses to you are exactly right -- as usual. Thanks DT.

Hope this answers your questions Rob. Regards -- Rick for Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.