Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Boucher
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is already posted somewhere else.

I decided to buy the Firefly game and because I'm a such completist, I made a list of all expansions available. Please let me know if I missed anything or included something which shouldn't be here

Artful Dodger
Big Damn Heroes
Blue Sun
Breakin Atmo
Card Pack
Esmeralda
Jetwash
Kalidasa
Pirates & Bounty Hunters

I'm a bit confused about Card Pack - does it add cards to the game?

Also are Artful Dodger, Esmeralda, and Jetwash "3D" replacement for in-game tokens or they add to the game?

Forgive me if those are "duh" = I haven't played the game itself so lol.

And what's the big deal about the Vera mat?

Thanks

EDIT: I came across Customizaable Ship Models I & II but my impression is those are to replace pieces already in the game and are more for people who enjoying pimping up their games - am I correct?

EDIT2: What about Ship Dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to the individual pages for the expansions, you should be able to find out more about them.
The Card Pack is a combination of Big Damn Heros and a couple of promos.
The three ship packs are new ships that are slightly different than the base game ones so you can have asymmetric starting ships.
I don't have the Vera mat, but I guess it is a large mat that replaces the boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boucher
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for taking your time in replying. It was a big help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ship dice are just dice that match the colors of the ships. The ship expansions each come with its own die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Card Pack collects a series of promo cards:

1) The Big Damn Heroes versions of Mal, Kaylee, Wash, Zoe, and Jayne
2) Mal's Pretty Floral Bonnet
3) Wash's Dinosaurs

Am I forgetting anything?

As a side-note, your list does not include two additional promo cards, a Loot Crate and Fruity Oaty Bar for Persephone, that were available via a Loot Crate. I know you're a completist, but these will likely be hard to get.

The Artful Dodger, Esmeralda and Jetwash are completely new ships that come with ship miniatures, ship cards, and supporting cards - the Artful Dodger has a Drive Core, while the others have 6 cards total, including Drive Core and some Upgrades (and, for Jetwash, Zoe as a captain).

Each also comes with a colored die, and the latter two include alternate Story and Set-Up Cards. I believe all three come with additional tokens (Cargo, Passengers, Fuel, etc).

You don't NEED these to play, but they round things out in a nice way.

There are two different versions of the map. The Whole Damn 'Verse is basically an exact replica of the map including Rim Space. It's vinyl and rolls up. My understanding is that the Vera Edition is the version used at conventions, is larger (with borders that have specific spots to put all decks) and is made of firmer material (like a mouse pad).

Although it looks so very pretty, I'm not sure that I have a table that will accommodate it.

If you're TRULY completist, there are a few other official products, but all are cosmetic: resin copies of the ships, colored dice (one for each ship and a few extras), and now 3D-printed versions of the Goods and Passenger tokens.

And if you REALLY want to go nuts, there are a few print-and-play fan-made variants out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sonora
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Artful Dodger, Jetwash, and Esmeralda are new ship packs. They come with a ship mini, a ship board, a die, and a couple of cards (a leader, a drive core, and some upgrades).

Big Damn Heroes is just a few cards which replace some crew/leaders turning them into, you guessed it, big damn heroes.

Breakin Atmo is also just cards and adds some crew, gear, and jobs.

Blue Sun, Kalidasa, and Pirates & Bounty Hunters are full fledged expansions adding to the board (Blue Sun and Kalidasa), new ships, PVP rules, new story cards, new mechanics, and tons of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the current version of the base game includes the Artful Dodger mini and ship board, but without its drive core - like the original UK release. (And it's similarly a rectangular box rather than the square of the initial US version.) Getting the drive core may be fairly hard work now that the AD expansion seems to be out of print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After you get everything and see the amount of table space it takes, you'll want to grab a Big Damn Crate.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boucher
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firedrake wrote:
I believe the current version of the base game includes the Artful Dodger mini and ship board, but without its drive core - like the original UK release. (And it's similarly a rectangular box rather than the square of the initial US version.) Getting the drive core may be fairly hard work now that the AD expansion seems to be out of print.

While the original Firefly box is still available, I spotted Firefly Big Box which includes Artful Dodger, Big Damn Heroes along with the Card Pack which I grabbed.

Thanks everybody!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
badge
Ten percent of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both mats and the material seems the same. Neither feels like any mousepad I've used...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the Whole Damn Verse mat & it is not really a mousepad material. More of a thin--but tough--textured vinyl. It's nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My mistake - sorry, guys! It's one of the few Firefly items I don't have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Ten percent of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'...
mbmbmbmbmb
Over the last couple of months I've been geekmailed numerous times regarding matt comparisons. So based on our conversation here, I decided to ask GF9. They confirmed both matts are the same material and thickness.

On Oct 26, 2016, at 8:20 AM, GF9 wrote:

Yes they are.

Gale Force Nine, LLC
385-120 Reas Ford Road
Earlysville, VA 22936
(434) 978-7080

www.gf9.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:11 PM
To: GF9
Subject: Firefly Game Mats

Hi,

Are both Firefly: The Game mats (Whole Damn Verse and Vera) made of the
same material and thickness?

Thanks,

Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just did a little Googling. Damn...6' x4'! surprise That's massive. I'm good with my "normal" version of the mat. Especially combined with the Big Damn Crate.

This is sure becoming a profane game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vera probably won't see much game time with my group. The Whole Damn Verse mat is functionally the same and we have no problem arranging the various decks however we like.

I'm still waiting for my Mighty Fine Crate to arrive... ninja

gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
claudermilk wrote:
Just did a little Googling. Damn...6' x4'! surprise That's massive. I'm good with my "normal" version of the mat. Especially combined with the Big Damn Crate.

If you have the Big Damn Crate, or some other space-saving method for handling the decks (such as 2-3 eight-slot business card trays), then I don't see the Vera mat offering any real advantages over the Whole Damn Verse mat, other than looking cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bob,

You seem to have good luck getting in touch with GF9. Wanna ping them and see if you can get any hints about what's coming?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
barinthus wrote:
Firedrake wrote:

While the original Firefly box is still available, I spotted Firefly Big Box which includes Artful Dodger, Big Damn Heroes along with the Card Pack which I grabbed.

Thanks everybody!

The only downside to the Euro version of the game (that includes the Artful Dodger) over buying the normal one and getting the Dodger separately is that it does not include the drive core for the Artful Dodger and you have to steal one from a supply deck before the game. Not a huge loss, but it hurts other peoples ability to get that same drive. The standalone box for the Artful Dodger comes with that card specifically for the ship.

Also the "Big Damn Heroes" pack is included in the card pack (along with some others) so you don't need to get both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
claudermilk wrote:

If you have the Big Damn Crate, or some other space-saving method for handling the decks (such as 2-3 eight-slot business card trays), then I don't see the Vera mat offering any real advantages over the Whole Damn Verse mat, other than looking cool

My point exactly. The pictures of the Vera mat look nice, but with the Crate, you have all the decks organized anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so happy with my Big Damn Crate, I'm hoping to see more organizers like this.

The box not only stores everything, it is designed for easy set-up and take-down and it is meant to minimize the on-table footprint of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
Bob,

You seem to have good luck getting in touch with GF9. Wanna ping them and see if you can get any hints about what's coming?

George (et al),

I asked the magic question and GF9 was most gracious with their response:

"You're in luck, we'll be making an announcement on Friday regarding that very thing."

So stand by fellow Browncoats! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well done! I knew you had the magic touch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even better news, it's already posted on their webpage... thumbsup

http://www.fireflythegame.com

WOW! All I can say is:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pics and discussion can be found here:

Crime & Punishment Game Booster and Big Money Deluxe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boucher
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my game box yesterday, yay

While geeking over it, I noticed one of towers on the Alliance ship was bent to the point where the base is partially detached. cry

I tried to find a way to contact GF9 support but no luck. Was hoping they'd be willing to send me a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.