Brian A
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
If multiple monsters are attacking my hero, do I:
A) roll defense dice for each attack separately
B) roll defense dice once and compare it to each attack separately
C) roll defense dice once and compare it to the sum of all the attack dice from all the monsters attacking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent St. Pierre
United States
Rocky hill
Connecticut (CT)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each one takes it's attack separately, so you would roll defense dice for each separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian A
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Brent! That makes sense. I just wasn't sure since when you attack multiple enemies at once you only roll the attack dice once. Did I miss this in the rules, or is it just assumed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Attackers, whether heroes or monsters, roll attack dice once and apply it to all targets.

Also since you're asking about multiple monsters attacking, if you hit multiple monsters, only one of them gets to do the payback reaction to you (player to your right's choice).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
to sum the above posts;

if several monsters attack a hero, each attack is handled seperately so you roll defence for each seperately as well.

if an attack targets multiple defenders, then the same attack roll affects all defenders, each defender rolls their own defence to see how they are affected.

only one monster can perform the payback reaction, but all close monsters perform the guard reaction when applicable, thats when multiple attacks at the same time are possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian A
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks everyone ... very helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.