4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Abbreviations used in decklists rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric der Kinderen
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all, Since I am a new player I have great difficulty understanding the abbreviations behind the cards on a decklist. I could look them up one by one but this takes a lot of time. So far I have only found a similar list for Game of Thrones. Does anyone have a list for Lord of the Rings as well.
Thanks in advance because this would make it so much easier to get an overview and gives me a fast insight in which sets or AP I am missing to complete certain decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A few off the top of my head:

UC = Unexpected Courage (spirit)
WotW = Will of the West (spirit)
SA = Sneak Attack (leadership)
ToW = A Test of Will (spirit)
HS = Hasty Stroke (spirit)
SP = Self-Preservation (lore)

Some from later expansion packs:
Loragorn = Lore Aragorn hero
Spirfindel = Spirit Glorfindel hero

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric der Kinderen
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for your quick reply.

I might not have been clear enough. I meant all the set and expansion seem to have their own abbreviations? Like TRD the road darkens etc.

Thanks for your contribution as well. I did not realise there would be even more ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that those abbreviations can really be a provlem for newer players. I too begin to struggle sometimes where there are more and more sets coming out.
I don't know if such a list you'd like exists and don't have the time to put something together unfortunately.

But an alternative would be to look for decklists and decklist inspirations on ringsdb.com. The interface there has the great advantage that it shows you the card text and name of the adventure pack written-out when you hover your mouse over a card name, no abbreviation problems there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.