Nate F
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No details, sadly, but word is coming from GTS Come and Play Days trade show:
https://twitter.com/Flailbear/status/790942592691298304

I hope announcing four at once doesn't mean they are tiny, over priced card sets, or something. Because I have to buy them in any case.

Edit:
Twitter media getting me all excited. Here is more from the guy at the trade show:
https://twitter.com/Flailbear/status/790965542861484032

Thanks, Coiote, for providing more information.

We can probably just delete this thread now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Expansions Announced
4?

Damn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
No surprise! I hope they make them modular although terraforming the dark side of Mars could be fun too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured with the (well-deserved! ) success this game has seen, expansions would come along. I'm guessing if they announced 4 at once they're not all full-size/large expansions.

But hey, I'd buy them if they were! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coiote wrote:
4?

Damn...

I assume it's four modules in one expansion box.

Here's hoping that they don't screw up a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
jkayati wrote:
Coiote wrote:
4?

Damn...

Here's hoping that they don't screw up a great game.

let's hope it's the case. Is there more information about these expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Made my day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting that they were announced when the creators don't have anything on their webpage about it. What they have revealed is that they are working on expansions here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate F
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
orjanalmen wrote:
Interesting that they were announced when the creators don't have anything on their webpage about it. What they have revealed is that they are working on expansions here.

I have never been to a GTS show, but I have attended ACD Distribution's show and it had a lot of panels from various companies and stores. When a company was up speaking, it was usually about their upcoming products. The odds that a Fryx brother was at this show teasing expansions seems low.

It seems more likely this was a Stronghold rep talking and maybe it was a slip. But I am just speculating. I would like anything more concrete than a tweet as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jkayati wrote:

Actually, Jacob told me at Spiel* that they're planning to release an expansion for TM once per year for the next few years. If their other real-life commitments allow for this pace, that is.

Clearly, these expansions are already thought out and were planned long before release of the main game. They aren't just a "cash grab" reaction to the big success TM is having. Quite excited to see what they have in store for us.

* so I'm assuming this isn't exactly classified information
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperinactive wrote:
orjanalmen wrote:

I have never been to a GTS show, but I have attended ACD Distribution's show and it had a lot of panels from various companies and stores. When a company was up speaking, it was usually about their upcoming products. The odds that a Fryx brother was at this show teasing expansions seems low.

It seems more likely this was a Stronghold rep talking and maybe it was a slip. But I am just speculating. I would like anything more concrete than a tweet as well.

It's been mentioned, probably several times in many ways by many actors involved, but "announced" seems a little bit more official to me than just being talking about future plans. That's what I meant at least... but they haven't been silent about the plans here either, so this is no news for the readers of the Terraforming Mars forum here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Andrew Brown ‏@Flailbear 27m27 minutes ago
@ianoble no. Steven just said that they have 4 expansions in the works. No names or themes. Sorry.Andrew Brown ‏@Flailbear 27m27 minutes ago
@ianoble no. Steven just said that they have 4 expansions in the works. No names or themes. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Love Nilsson
Sweden
Trelleborg
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmb
Enoch Fryxelius wrote:
We can confirm that we have more than 1 expansion under development. It looks very promising so far... :-)

The winner of the game played at Essen won a beta version of the first planned expansion. So, Jacob mentioned it. I can't recall how much he told about it, but I'm sure the Fryxes will be on here informing us fans (we're all fans, right? ) of what is known.

I've heard Fryxgames will be including more penguins in their coming products. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
LoveNson wrote:
Enoch Fryxelius wrote:
We can confirm that we have more than 1 expansion under development. It looks very promising so far... :-)

The winner of the game played at Essen won a beta version of the first planned expansion. So, Jacob mentioned it. I can't recall how much he told about it, but I'm sure the Fryxes will be on here informing us fans (we're all fans, right? ) of what is known.

I've heard Fryxgames will be including more penguins in their coming products. whistle

Yes, we can confirm a penguin expansion, developed just for you, Love!

Our development of the expansions are semi-secret. The 4 different expansion ideas we currently have originated in the years following up to the release - so we never knew if they would ever see light of day. Now it looks promising with the positive response...

We can also confirm that the expansions will be separate releases, some of them small and some bigger adding several new elements/components/stuff/cards/boards or whatever it is in each case. The expansions are supposed to be separate modules that can be added to the game in any combination you like: "Today I woke up with an urge to try basic game together with V-expansion and M-expansion, but I will not play draft, or CE, or T-expansion this time..."

Our goal is to create INFINITE replayability, so that people will never ever have to buy another game ever again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EagleEye80 wrote:
Our goal is to create INFINITE replayability, so that people will never ever have to buy another game ever again...

Man, don't let Mr. Buonocore read this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
EagleEye80 wrote:
LoveNson wrote:
Enoch Fryxelius wrote:

Yes, we can confirm a penguin expansion, developed just for you, Love!

Our development of the expansions are semi-secret. The 4 different expansion ideas we currently have originated in the years following up[leading up?] to the release - so we never knew if they would ever see light of day. Now it looks promising with the positive response...

We can also confirm that the expansions will be separate releases, some of them small and some bigger adding several new elements/components/stuff/cards/boards or whatever it is in each case. The expansions are supposed to be separate modules that can be added to the game in any combination you like: "Today I woke up with an urge to try basic game together with V-expansion and M-expansion, but I will not play draft, or CE, or T-expansion this time..."

That sounds great!
(Give expansion!wow)
Considering the success of Terraforming Mars, and the fact that there are probably thousands hoping to get a copy but unable to find one right now, an expansion should be more than just a promising project
I am sure the current success of Terraforming Mars is something you can build on in the future.

Sooo when can we expect to see the first teasers?

EagleEye80 wrote:

Very strong words for an earthling. goo

Sebastian
("not of this world"whistle)

PS: Hand over the expansions right now, earthling, and nobody will be hurt! wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.