Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently considering the following list of games.

I recently got to play The Pillars of the Earth, and while I am trying to find a copy without paying an arm and a leg, I am considering The King's Abbey as a pseudo substitute for now.

We really enjoy, Bring Out Yer Dead and Mission: Red Planet (Second Edition), but I have neither, so im considering a copy of Libertalia.

I have been interested in Peloponnes with Peloponnes Box for quite a while.

I recently caught a video preview for Royals, which seems to be fun.

While doing research for the recently ended math trade, Noblemen and Signorie and Santiago all caught my attention.

obviously I cant get them all... So I want you help on weeding out about half of them.

Ask me questions, give me recommendations, convince me to not buy something before I just go Pokémon ... gotta buy them all!

My group is generally 3-5, and mostly prefers Euro's, and highly enjoy the works of U. Rosenberg, ,S. Feld, S. Luciana and A. Pfister.
We like medium-heavy games, but usually no longer than 2.5 hours. (90 minutes is the preferred time - but some games like Ora et Labora, Terra Mystica, Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar just take longer).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
All those games suck. Did that help?

(Sorry don't have any experience with those but thought your thread deserved some love.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talmadge
United States
Clinton
CT
flag msg tools
REFEREE MADNESS
badge
I'm wasting your time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Santiago is very good. I would only play it with the full 5 player count, because of the increased player interaction during the Auctions and Negotiations/Bribes phases. Clever tile placement and sort-of growing your own area of influence type thing. Easy to learn & teach.

Royals is also a good choice, and probably best with 4 or 5 players. It re-implements the game Heads of State, which I was able to acquire on the super cheap after the Royals release. It's an excellent game and certainly a great value these days. From videos that I've seen, Royals seems to have only streamlined gameplay slightly and then fully revamped the artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So both of those are not very good at 3 players? well thats something at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played Signorie, which was very good. Nice mechanics with the dice. We played with four. It won't be as good with just two players, surely, but three should work about as well. It does not play five at all.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.