Subject: Investigation Plot cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Schmohl
Germany
Münster, Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
Hello another confusing about the rules concerning investigation of plot cards.

1) In the rules is written "If you fail to investigate all of the Plot cards of any Chapter, the trail runs cold and you lose the game"

Does it mean, YOU HAVE TO DO an investigation to ALL Plot cards? i.e. you reveal all plot cards during the planning phase but maybe skip one because other revealed Dread cards give more Dread than the Plot card.

If that is the case maybe it should mentioned by "If you fail to investigate any of all plot cards of any chapter" you will lose the game.

2) When you didn`t investigate the plot card during the right time slot, you get Dread during the planning phase, after the specific time slot ends?
And if you do not investigate it in another time slot, you get a second time Dread at the end of the Story Phase.

3) I think it is not possible, but some guys ask if it`s possible to skip an action in the Action Clock. So you have a empty space.

thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your questions!

1: Yes, you MUST always investigate ALL of a Story's Plot cards. Note, however, to investigate a Plot, it is enough to send only a single investigator (though that might sometimes be a poor choice).

2: You are right, if you fail to investigate a Plot card with a Morning icon during the Morning segment, the card deals Dread (equal to its number of skulls). If you ALSO fail to investigate during the Day, it deals Dread again. Should you also fail to Investigate it at Night, you lose the game, since you failed to investigate all Plot cards.

3: You don't have to fill out all spaces in your Action clock. If you don't place a token, then for that Action, your Character will go to the Street section of whatever Area you already in.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Happy gaming!

Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor Vilchez
Spain
Barakaldo
Bizkaia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarification.
Im agree with Sebastian, the rulebook text is confuse.
"If you fail to investigate all of the Plot cards of any Chapter, the trail runs cold and you lose the game".
I understand that only lose if you fail ALL the plots and for this reason I dont understand why cant follow investigation plot if I fail the plot A for example or why we lose the game if we fail the last plot.

Now all have a explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Ebro
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be sure I get it right:
- as previously discussed, let's say Plot A has to be investigated normally in the morning. Two players plan to investigate it.
- then is the Story phase. The players fail to investigate. There is no other planned movement during the rest of the day to come back to this Plot because:
- players thought they would succeed
- Plots habe to be investigated in order, so as they planned to do Plot B, C etc. just after, there is no sense in coming back to A.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as soon as players fail to investigate Plot A, they loose the game?
There is no way for them to later investigate Plot A as they did not plan to come back and they CANNOT CHANGE THEIR PLANS DURING THE STORY PHASE. As players loose if ANY Plot has not been investigated, they are doomed already at this stage?
So there is no need to continue the game, adding Dread for failed Plot A at the end of the morning, and at the end of the day because Plot A would still not ne investigated there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Gitton
France
Dardilly
- SELECT -
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But Investigate a plot doesn't mean you get at least 1 success, it means you sent a investigator on it. So in any case you flip the card. I think you loose the game only if you didn't go on any plot card or were not allowed to investigate because of the daytime icon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime de Marcos
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. You only need to send at least one character to that location sometime. What you get with the die roll is simply the result that you receive, good or bad, but the plot has been investigated and does not make you lose the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Ebro
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both of you for this clarification: have to admit I missed that in the rules, so that was making the game very tough, and some points were not making any sense. Now to play it correctly :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.