Manuel Pombeiro
Portugal
Sao Joao do Estoril
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The time: Saturday, May 5th, 0900am

The place: Portugal, Lisbon, Military Academy

The Event: Flames of War Midwar Tournament - Operation Alpha - 5 rounds in 2 days of the weekend - 16 participants in 9 tables - this was integrated in the Military Academy commemorations day

The first players started to arrive:

Pedro Gonçalves - still with eyes wide closed

Pedro Torradinhas - also trying to open the eyes

Alexandre Antunes - the night sleep still showing

Rui Antunes - at this time in the morning the motor is starting to run (very difficult task!! LOL)

Rui Carrilho - the begining is a very difficult time

Paulo Morais - making the round of salutings through the adversaries

João Morais - also saluting the adversaries

Pedro Cruz - first time FoW player - you may note the gathering of supporters starting to form on the stairs access, just to get a glimpse of the players :-)

Nuno Morgado - a big welcome ovation - you may note the big enthusiasm of the onlookers!!!

Jorge Martins (the tournament judge) - receiving something from one of the players (it is time to start investigating this side negotiations, LOL)

Miguel Fonseca - allways on the big tournaments (you can check the big support of fans also on this side of the access stairs!! Did I told it was 09h00 AM of a saturday???)

Game table - The River

Game Table - Submarine Base

Game Table - Airfield

Game Table - Normandy

Game Table - Krakov

Game Table - The Russian Plain

Game Table - again The River

Here I am at least - I played with a Russian army (in case you may have missed it)

And the first round started - Meeting Engagement

I took head on Paulo Morais Panzergrenadier Kompany, and my finnest hour of the tournament was a company of Matilda II's appear exactly at the nick of time on the right place finnishing a german infantry pionneer platoon in one fire phase only. Final result was a draw at 3-1.

Meanwhile next to the FoW tables there was a DBM tournament also going on

And yes they also use dice, That I remember there's no Miniature Eurogame Wargame out there that doesn't use them, LOL

Another DBM table

There was also a table game of modern warfare

At the end of the first round my army parades down the conquested airfield (this was a way to show off the armies at the end of this round to be classified on paint jog and presentation of the army as a all)

At my front was Paulo Morais's German army I just battled with

Meanwhile other armies wehre preparing for the lunch parade, like this german pioneers

And this soviet army

And this Panzerkompany

With the first round ending there was time for lunch with Gil Matias on the point of the assault

on his heels is Bruno Settimeli, that cries about the people who give is army somekind of pounding

The Morais family (father and son)

The gathering was allways in good mood

Meanwhile in the Academy's Bar there was a miniature contest

If you would like to check more of this photos go over the Album

This is the time to gather strenght even in the company of foes like the germans (Rui Antunes) and the british (Miguel Fonseca)

With the lunch ending it was time to go to the second round of battles, myself getting assigned the Panzerkompany of Rui Antunes in the middle of Krakov. A mechanized battle in the middle of a city!! This was a Hold the Line Mission

With a hard fought victory that I won by 4-3

The american paratroopers lead by Edmundo Ramos took on the german infantry of Rui Carrilho

Bruno Settimelli's german halftrack horde was battling in this miniaturized Stalingrad

While Alexandre Antunes's Strelkovaya (russian infantry) was fighting Pedro Cruz germans

At the end of the second round the warriors take a break

On the 3rd round - Breakthrough Mission - I would battle Pedro Torradinhas german army, and the moment I knew this I knew I was doomed. The end result was obvious with the fastest defeat of a russian FoW army: end of first turn I was tottaly wiped out!!End result 1-6.
With this my participation for the first day was at an end. Getting home and resting to prepare for the next day battles.

09h00am again!!!

On the 4th round - Fighting Withrawl - I took the attack to Rui Carrilho's german forces, that was heavily dug-in in the ruins, but I'm able to get a vicotry at 6-1

In the other tables the battles where taking an all time high

With Allied Tanks battling in the Submarine Base

germans crossing bocage country

american paratroopers in the Bulge

german artillery devastading all comers

and seeing father and son battling it out on the battlefield!!

There was people that tried to gather the plans

while yesterday allies where battling today (maybe Patton was right?) with russian and british armies clashing on the battlefield

The DBM tournament was playing at its pace

On the 5th and final round - Free For All - I took on João Morais german Panzerkompany with a defeat 3-4

The last battles getting to an end

And here the russian humam wave lead by Alexandre Antunes was fighting it with the german Panzerkompany of Rui Antunrs (another father-son battle here)

And fighting for first place was Pedro Torradinhas and Pedro Alves

The end result: a great weekend!!!

laugh laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice pics, looks like you guys had a great time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pombeiro
Portugal
Sao Joao do Estoril
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
callidusx3 wrote:
Very nice pics, looks like you guys had a great time.

Yes we had it!! laugh laugh laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.