Popular Tags: [View All]
vorname nachname
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can my bandit hit/shoot the other bandit of my team?

Preliminary note: A round consists of several turns indicated on the round card. One turn consists of player A playing a card, then player B, then A, then B.
2. Do I have to use the green cards for my green bandit and the red cards for my red bandit or do the colours not matter.
3. In a turn do I have to use booth bandits or can I play twice with one bandit?
4. If I have to play with both bandits, can I change the order when to play them each turn?
E.g.:
Round 1, turn 1: Player A green bandit, player B, player A red bandit, player B.
Round 1, turn 2: Player A red bandit, player B, player A green bandit, player B.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:

Preliminary note: A round consists of several turns indicated on the round card. One turn consists of player A playing a card, then player B, then A, then B.
2. Do I have to use the green cards for my green bandit and the red cards for my red bandit or do the colours not matter.
3. In a turn do I have to use booth bandits or can I play twice with one bandit?
4. If I have to play with both bandits, can I change the order when to play them each turn?
E.g.:
Round 1, turn 1: Player A green bandit, player B, player A red bandit, player B.
Round 1, turn 2: Player A red bandit, player B, player A green bandit, player B.

Thanks in advance!

1. From the rulebook on the last page:

Quote:
It may very well happen that a Bandit will inadvertently shoot his own teammate!

2. If you play a Cheyenne card, Cheyenne has to take the action. If you play a Tuco card, Tuco has to take the action.

3. You can play any cards from your hand that you want to. They don't have to be played evenly between bandits.

4. N/A because of 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vorname nachname
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Mancuso
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:

E.g.:

Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure that, by the official 2 player rules, a turn consists of each player playing only ONE card, not two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vorname nachname
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobith wrote:

I'm pretty sure that, by the official 2 player rules, a turn consists of each player playing only ONE card, not two.

How do you know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Mancuso
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:
Tobith wrote:

How do you know?

Hmm, I guess I don't. I was assuming this based on the fact that you only draw 6 cards each round. If you played two cards each turn, then you would be forced to draw more cards just to finish the round, which doesn't really make sense to me. Additionally, you would end up playing almost all the cards in your deck, which also doesn't jive to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:
Tobith wrote:

How do you know?

The rules state that each player plays a card, not each bandit. Since there is no change in the "Rules adaptation" portion of the 2-player rules, I would agree that each player only plays one card per round
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Along the same lines as the original question in this thread...

This situation happened to my group last night in a two-player game. Two members of the same team ended up on the top of the train. One in the middle, one at one end. A 'shoot' card was flipped over. The only two people on the top of the train were on the same team (in this case, Tuco and Cheyanne). Tuco was at the front of the train. Cheyanne was on the middle car. There were no other players on top of the train.

The rules say a team member 'MAY' end up having to shoot his own team. In this case above, could Cheyanne simply 'shoot the other way' and not shoot Tuco...or MUST she shoot at Tuco?

Train roof example:
X = Cheyanne
O = Tuco

_____ _____ __X___ __O___ _____ (front of train)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Mancuso
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MGAC wrote:

The rules say a team member 'MAY' end up having to shoot his own team. In this case above, could Cheyanne simply 'shoot the other way' and not shoot Tuco...or MUST she shoot at Tuco?

Train roof example:
X = Cheyanne
O = Tuco

_____ _____ __X___ __O___ _____ (front of train)

We've been playing that if the only person left to shoot is your teammate, they are getting that bullet. I think the rules say that you have to do your action if it comes up (unless it is impossible, i.e. there is nobody left to shoot or punch).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, I take the "may" in that sentence to mean that you have to shoot someone, so it's possible that you may end up shooting someone on your own team. Like, it's possible for it to happen if you can't shoot anyone else, not that you have a choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
Right, I take the "may" in that sentence to mean that you have to shoot someone, so it's possible that you may end up shooting someone on your own team. Like, it's possible for it to happen if you can't shoot anyone else, not that you have a choice.

Yes.

As a matter of grammar: When rules say "A player may do such-and-so", then it's optional. However, the phrase here is "It may very well happen that such-and-so". That means that it's possible if things turn out a certain way.

As a matter of game design: If it were optional, it would never happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.