Subject: 3 questions : Bazaar, Hot games, freebies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathalie Beaudoin
msg tools
mb
Hi,

I have 3 questions :
Bazaar : For the bazaar are there any lists of games that will be sold, or it is just get there and hope you find something you like at the price you want ?

Hot Games : Do we know which are the hot games that will be played and demoed in the room this year ?

Freebies ; Are we getting free games when we check-in this year ? If so is there a list of the possible choices ?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maralie wrote:
Hot Games : Do we know which are the hot games that will be played and demoed in the room this year ?

Last year, the poll asking us which games we wanted in the Hot Games Room opened on 10/28, so I'm guessing this year's poll will be coming soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bazaar is just a bunch of people who will be selling stuff. There is no origination of what they are bringing. You go and see what's available.

However, have you looked at the Virtual Flea Market for Delivery to BGG.Con 2016?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cant wait to hear about what HOT games will be there this year!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
Brought to you by Zik Zak
mbmbmbmbmb
Freebies:

As has always been my understanding, freebies have been wonderful things that the publishers have done for BGGCon in the past and there is no guarantee that it will happen in the future, nor should it be expected. If there is a freebie/are freebies, it should be a pleasant surprise and not a motivating reason to go to BGGCon (I am not stating that this was what you were implying or was your or anyone else's reasoning for going).

In the past few years, they have tried to lay out example copies of what would be available to choose from in the registration line to help you decide on a first, second, and third choice while waiting, as the games that you may be looking for may no longer be available when you actually get to the freebie tables.

We really should thank all of the publishers who have donated and (potentially will donate) all of these amazing games (and services like the shuttle bus) that attendees have received and get use of at the conventions. It is incredibly generous, especially in a hobby in which profit margins are as thin as they are, and nearly all publishers are much smaller organizations than any of us really realize. It shows how much of a close knit, family we really are.

Hope to see you all at BGGCon!

Rusty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie Beaudoin
msg tools
mb
Of course I am grateful
Actually am not expecting to receive anything but if it exists I will consider.. I am trying to plan my luggage as I already purchased games before I even get to the convention... lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maralie wrote:
Of course I am grateful
Actually am not expecting to receive anything but if it exists I will consider.. I am trying to plan my luggage as I already purchased games before I even get to the convention... lol

The best piece of advice I can give is to leave as much luggage space as possible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
Maralie wrote:
Of course I am grateful

The best piece of advice I can give is to leave as much luggage space as possible!

And remember that there will be a FedEx table for shipping items home on Sunday... perhaps Saturday, too, but I'm not sure about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie Beaudoin
msg tools
mb
Problem with Fedex is that I come from Canada.. probably outrageous shipping charges and duties to consider
Unless someone here know a trick ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mellby
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hot Games are selected by Aldie and Jeff shortly before the Con.
They typically have a online poll to see what the community wants.
I have my own guesses, but we will have to wait to see what is selected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maralie wrote:
Problem with Fedex is that I come from Canada.. probably outrageous shipping charges and duties to consider
Unless someone here know a trick ?

I go down from Canada too. I pack all my cloths in a carry on sized suitcase and put that in a large empty suitcase and check it on to the plane. Then coming home, depending on how many games I bought I have lots of space and can use my clothing as packing material and at most have only one checked bag there and one checked bag for the return trip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I drive down from Oklahoma, last day of the con I throw all my clothes away and drive home naked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
I drive down from Oklahoma, last day of the con I throw all my clothes away and drive home naked.

I believe it.

I throw out inserts, sometimes boxes, pack dirty socks around game components, and somehow end up muling games home for friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Reitman
United States
California
flag msg tools
I am one with the force, the force is with me
badge
wackygamer.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Addendum to what PetDoc says, I usually pack one large bag down there and put a collapsible duffel bag in it. On the way back, I shove all the dirty cloths and toiletries in the duffel and use my main suitcase for my game haul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Rhodes
msg tools
badge
Bigger on the Outside
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say the Geekbuzz list from Essen is a good indicator (but not guaranteed) list of games that will be in the Hot Games section. I'm looking forward to standing in line to play Terraforming Mars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Foutz
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dwarvenfriend wrote:
I would say the Geekbuzz list from Essen is a good indicator (but not guaranteed) list of games that will be in the Hot Games section. I'm looking forward to standing in line to play Terraforming Mars.

As someone who got lucky enough to snag one of the pre-release copies of Terraforming Mars, let me say, it's worth standing in line for, it is fantastic. Easily my game of the year to this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.