$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Adrenaline» Forums » Rules

Subject: First player rotate? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jez Dedman
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First played this at the UK Games Expo, loved it, got a mate to pick it up from Essen, and played it for the first time last night with 5 players, all very much enjoyed it, 2nd game even started at 11.45pm on a school night.

One query came up however as I realised after about 3 turns in our first game that as I never saw any rule that the first player token moves to another player, the first player was keeping the token but this gave obvious advantages in terms of guns and ammo available, so we "housed" it that the token moves clockwise at the end of each round.

Despite rereading the relevant sections (by the way, love the way the rules are written - very apt for this type of game) whilst playing, I maybe did not do a very thorough job as the game plays so quickly!

Did I miss a rule at all about the first player marker moving to another player?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, but I think you missed that weapons and ammo refill at the end of every turn, not every round. The final frenzy is the balancer for a potentially unequal number of turns overall
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cook
United States
Spanaway
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah everything should be refreshed and refilled after every individuals turn, so there is no loss or benefit to going first or later. Also, if you rotate first player doesn't that mean someone is skipped or gets to go twice in a row? That would be a greater problem.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I have another question: at the set up, are every player in the arena or only the 1.player and the rest come in when their turn starts?
If 1 Player dies, does he respawn immediately or at the and of the turn of the player who kills the other player?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are clear on both.

Pellaeon wrote:
at the set up, are every player in the arena or only the 1.player and the rest come in when their turn starts?


The setup step does NOT mention placing your figure. So it is simply not part of setup. Or even more clearly spelled out (pg 4):

Players take turns, beginning with the starting player, and continuing around the table clockwise.
Figures will come onto the board one at a time and remain on the board for the rest of the game.

Pellaeon wrote:
If 1 Player dies, does he respawn immediately or at the and of the turn of the player who kills the other player?


Page 7:
If you receive a killshot, tip your figure over. At the end of the active player's turn: (followed by what you do then)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you. We played it so but one guy in our group had a different meaning about the set up and the respawn so i want to ask the "admin" of the game
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jez Dedman
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarnop wrote:
No, but I think you missed that weapons and ammo refill at the end of every turn, not every round. The final frenzy is the balancer for a potentially unequal number of turns overall


sponkey21 wrote:
Yeah everything should be refreshed and refilled after every individuals turn, so there is no loss or benefit to going first or later. Also, if you rotate first player doesn't that mean someone is skipped or gets to go twice in a row? That would be a greater problem.


OK, that clears it up, I had indeed missed it was after every players turn it gets refreshed, although I remember that now from playing at the Expo. Cheers guys!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.