GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,924 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Star Wars: Armada» Forums » Rules

Subject: How this Interdictor works? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kalbe Troben
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This card reads " when a ship activates, you may exhaust this card to ready 1 other upgrade card eguipped to this ship" do this ship means Interdictor ship or ship that just activaed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A card equipped to the Interdictor. Since its typical upgrades are exhausted to mess with other ships, the Interdictor card allows the ship to ready one of its already-used upgrades again, like the Experimental Projector.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This card means when ANY ship activates (even an opponent's ship), you may exhaust the Interdictor card to ready one other card on the Interdictor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Taylor
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also important to note that the triggering event is the activation of any ship. That's at the beginning of the activation. Some cheeky folks try to claim you can use it in the middle of an activation (say, between two attacks against the Interdictor to refresh the Targeting Scramblers) and that is incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex G
Canada
flag msg tools
It may be triggered when ANY ship activates, but it can only be used on upgrade cards attached to Interdictor.

The most obvious use is to reactivate the experimental thingamajig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? Is that on the FAQ. I thought it could be used on any upgrade card on any ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure if it applied to the other ship, it would say "that ship" not "this ship".

"This" refers to the ship in which the upgrade is attached in all the instances I can think of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Taylor
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
I'm pretty sure if it applied to the other ship, it would say "that ship" not "this ship".

"This" refers to the ship in which the upgrade is attached in all the instances I can think of.

That is absolutely correct. "This ship" means "the ship this upgrade is attached to."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.