Popular Tags: [View All]
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
A common question I get is buying replacement parts. Now, if you get a new game and it has damaged or missing parts, or the parts were defectively manufactured, obviously, those get replaced for free. All you have to do is let me know.

But what about if your game was fine when it was new, but since then it has lost parts or they've gotten damaged in some way? I've never had a consistent response to such requests. So here's a new policy that I think will be workable:

(1) contact me to make sure I have the parts available that you want. In general, game pieces (wooden blocks, metal command pieces) are the most available, then paper parts (rules, stickers), and finally, boards and boxes are the least available.

(2) Be sure to specify the minimum quantity you need to fix your problem. (If you only need 2 command pieces, don't ask for a whole set. I can stretch my spare parts supply farther to help more people if nobody asks for more than they need.)

(3) If I tell you I have them available, you send me a suitable self-addressed mailing container for the parts, with postage on it, and I will use it to send you the parts. That's it. You don't have to pay me for the parts, but you do have to provide me with the means of shipping you the parts: you buy the containers, calculate postage cost, pay for postage both ways.

(4) For wooden and metal game pieces, I recommend a small padded envelope, sized appropriately to the number of pieces.

(5) For rules and stickers, I recommend a stiff photo envelope to keep them from getting folded over during shipment.

(6) For a game board or game box (if I am able to send you one), the shipping box should be large enough to hold it (with space for padding), and strong enough to survive shipment. You will want to weigh your game/box to know how much postage to supply. I will supply the packing peanuts.

(7) I believe that International customers can buy US postage online for the self-addressed return envelope/box. See https://www.usps.com/business/postage-options.htm

(8) The mailing address for parts is:

Simmons Games
837 Orange Ave.
Sunnyvale CA 94087
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bowen wrote:
... and finally, boards and boxes are the least available.

Do you by chance happen to have a "replacement" board for Bonaparte at Marengo? I... um... accidentally dropped mine in the bath tub... yeah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokke
Belgium
Werchter
optional
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:

Do you by chance happen to have a "replacement" board for Bonaparte at Marengo? I... um... accidentally dropped mine in the bath tub... yeah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I get the joke, but sadly there are no replacement parts for BaM. And one day there won't be any for NT either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.