Subject: A Mutation as fireign gene... What the point ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

We can purchase one mutation for each Biont we have, 2 Bionts in an organism, 2 Mutations in the same turn, the only use to put 2 Bionts in an Organism ?.
But why purchasing a Mutation in an organism where we are a foreign gene ? It's 1 VP for the other player... I miss something ?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As one example, maybe you want the organism to gain the horizontal gene transfer (HGT) capability so you can move your biont out of it.

Another might be you want it to have a mutation that your parasite can attach to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK Thank you, i need to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo and cooperative play also provide opportunities to use some of these strategies that don't make sense in purely competitive play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:
As one example, maybe you want the organism to gain the horizontal gene transfer (HGT) capability so you can move your biont out of it.

Another might be you want it to have a mutation that your parasite can attach to.

Another reason might be that you are spending your opponent's money for stuff he might prefer to spend on other things, like red queens versus your parasite. But true, spending your opponent's money has more significance in cooperative play, when you can greatly accelerate his mutation rate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaps31 wrote:
Hello,

We can purchase one mutation for each Biont we have, 2 Bionts in an organism, 2 Mutations in the same turn, the only use to put 2 Bionts in an Organism ?.
But why purchasing a Mutation in an organism where we are a foreign gene ? It's 1 VP for the other player... I miss something ?

Thank you.

Also, thematic. Thus, if anything, if this didnt make sense, the VP structure would have to change, not the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I never play cooperative

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mbmbmb
Or you can bump him up to Macroorganism, where you now share VPs. If you're playing a 4 player game, the both of you now have a ton of points the other players don't have. In a 2 player game, that particular organism is now effectively zero points, so keep it alive and make your own organism to keep your own score ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There's a shape called "The Golden Rectangle". Have you heard of it?
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It refers to a rectangle that's approximately contstructed in the ratio of 9 to 16. The golden rectangle has several characteristics. Let's say I create a square within this shape. Then, this smaller rectangle that I just created will also be a
badge
golden rectangle. I make another square within that and the leftover is another golden rectangle. And I make a few more, and when I connect all the central points of these shapes it creates a spiral that continues forever. This is the "Golden Spin".
mbmbmbmbmb
CthulhuKid wrote:
In a 2 player game, that particular organism is now effectively zero points, so keep it alive and make your own organism to keep your own score ahead.

Only the 6 (or 12 for dominance) VP are split. The opponent will still get 1 point per chromosome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.