Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Snyder
United States
Zanesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing that caught us by surprise were the number of review videos saying don't play the game with 5 players. Perhaps that should be stated as don't play with 5 players completely new to board games?? Our group is an experienced group who enjoys worker placements and really will play just about anything. We meet weekly and typically a new game is introduced along with playing old favorites. We had zero problems with timing in the game so far. If anything, the turns seem to go rather fast. Our prologue game took setup+teach at about an hour and game completed within 45-60 minutes. Game 1, setup, play, take-down was about 2.5 hours and that included opening the first box and enjoying the contents of it.

Our group agreed that the concerns seem unfounded at the moment and if you have 5 players who regularly play games, don't shy away from this! As we advance in the coming weeks, I will update this thread if we change our minds on that topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to hear this. My group of five will be starting the prologue in one week and a few people want that taste to determine if they want to commit to the duration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My only concern with 5 is when the Glory Point total to win a single game becomes 20 or higher - how long will that take as compared to having to win only 11-12 Glory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I started with five players at my regular gaming group. We play alternating mondays. After the prologue, one of the players decided the game wasn't for him and dropped out. We decided to leave his province (purple) im as there are plenty of other gamers curious about the game who do not want to commit for the next few months that might jump in for a game or two. One such gamer played purple in Game 1 while green was a no-show. So we played Game 1 with four. Even with teaching a new player the rules as we went, we finished right at the 90 minute mark. Three of us had at least nine glory by game end (turn 5 of first year) and we all had a great time and were excited to open the first sealed box. Good times!

Princess Ivanka the prosperous is now only a countess but her day will come to claim supremacy through economic might!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've also been playing with 5 players and enjoying it. I think it's going to depend a lot on the group.

The me of ~9-10 years ago probably would have gotten a lot more frustrated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.