Hide
12 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Running out of Command cards during drafting phase. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Yung
msg tools
What happens if you run out of Command Cards during the drafting phase?
Do you just reshuffle the discard pile and make a new draw pile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup! Circle gets a square!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Yung
msg tools
Thank You!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:

LOL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:

Is this a Hollywood Squares reference?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:

Yes. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jt4jc wrote:
slydog75 wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:

Yes. =)

For some reason I always hear it in Paul Lynde's voice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Gabriel
msg tools
What if you run out altogether? My group was bumbling through mission 1 and by the last few turns we were reshuffling the remaining ~10-15 command cards every couple turns (partially thanks to a couple players having +1 or +2 card bonuses when they were the first player.) I haven't done the math whether it's possible to run out completely assuming 3 command cards in each slot, but it seemed possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 72 cards in the deck and with 4 players, there are 72 slots total in the Command Lines.

Hence, you can run out, but it's quite hard to do so. If you do get down to fewer than 4 cards in the deck, the players later in the turn order wouldn't be able to draft a card, I guess.

Even if you manage to fill every slot on every Mech, you can still reintroduce cards into the deck provided that amongst the 6 Fire stacks, at least one of them has Fuel Tank on top. If all the Fuel Tanks are buried, you would be stuck with those programs, only being able to repair damage via repair pads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
There are 72 command cards in the deck, and a maximum of 72 programmable slots in a 4 person game, so theoretically, it's possible to program every single card.

I don't know if we have a rule for that. It never happened in hundreds of playtests. I will talk to the design team and see if I just don't know. In the interim, if you have all mechs with level 3 commands, just go win the mission

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RiotFpMcgee wrote:
In the interim, if you have all mechs with level 3 commands, just go win the mission

I'm not sure this is a formula for winning. Without the ability to draft cards, you can't repair damage, switch order of any of your slots or remove an existing slot that you don't need by replacing it with a different suit.

So all 4 Mechs would be forced to keep the same programs, which will only change as you take damage and remove it via Repair Pads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario T
msg tools
mbmbmb
Maybe we can use this as a different loss condition? To draft and slot all the cards in a 4p game should take around 14-17 turns, by this time if you haven't won with your current programs is likely that you'll drag the mission and lose at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.