Subject: German supply rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zoran Bosnjak
Croatia
Zaprešić
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having trouble figuring out German supply rules, specifically OOS 1,2,3 with 3 being the culprit. Should OOS3 unit "out in the countryside" be removed if not near city? I have a feeling it's a typo, since most things break at 1/2/3 vs 4/5/6 and russians use >3 AS markers (german OOS markers). Can anyone shed some light on it please?

The rules:

V. Terminal (and Mutual) Supply Phase:
B. Remove all Axis-satellite units bearing "1" Out Of Supply (OOS) counters that have no complete supply line at this time. (The maximum Axis supply line length is 12 hexes.)

C. Remove all German units which have a ">3" OOS marker or higher, have no supply line of 12 or fewer hexes, and are not in or adjacent to a German-controlled city hex.

D. Remove all German units in or next to a friendly controlled city hex bearing a "6" OOS counter that have no complete supply line at this time.

7.31 German units in or next to a German controlled city hex can survive beyond the OOS-3 state. Such units may carry the OOS process out to the OOS-6 level. The combat and movement penalties continue to increase proportionately. For example, German units in an OOS-4 state lose 4 movement points and 40 percent of their combat factor strength.

7.32 German units in the OOS-4, 00S-5 or 00S-6 states lose their zones of control (though they still do negate enemy zones of control). Further, the 503rd./65th Pz. fin. and the 9th FLAK Div. lose their combat-result-enhancement ef-fect when in 00S-4, 5 or 6. (They still do contribute their combat factors.) And last, German mechanized units in 00S-4, 5 or 6 may not conduct mobile assaults.

7.33 Should German units in OOS-4, 5 or 6 move away or be forced away from the supply-providing city, or should that city fall under Soviet control, the affected German units would then be immediately destroyed during the coming Terminal Supply Phase. (Provided no supply line had been opened to them in the meantime.) German units "out in the countryside" would, of course, be removed after having reached the OOS-3 state.

My current understanding and guess is:
- remove all German OOS 6 units outside 12 hex supply, regardless of position (4.2 V.D.)
- remove all German OOS 4,5,6 units outside 12 hex supply and not in/adjacent to controlled city (4.2 V.C., 7.31, 7.33)
- german OOS 1,2,3 units stay
- remove all Axis-satellite OOS-1 units with no supply line (12 or less in length)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoran Bosnjak
Croatia
Zaprešić
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To reply to myself, that V.C and 7.33 looks definitely like a typo. In developers notes at page 45 it says surrounded units survive for 6 turns, otherwise 3. So it really splits 1/2/3 vs 4/5/6. I like the elegance of that..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rory willis
msg tools
got it set up an ready to go ,anybody got any pointers or some things I should know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoran Bosnjak
Croatia
Zaprešić
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest to use my "expanded" sequence of play document from Files section. It has all the rules condensed in one page organized in phases as you would play them. You won't be needing magazine anymore.

Other file, Rules Summary and Turn Events has same rules with retained references to original. A bit harder to read.
I would print Turn Events page at the end of the file as it will make much easier tracking reinforcements and special events. You can place markers on their turn of arrival on that sheet.

Happy playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rory willis
msg tools
done tk you starting turn 2 not a lot happened turn 1 any pointers I thought there would be a bigger punch for the Russians?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoran Bosnjak
Croatia
Zaprešić
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't tell you anything, so you can feel the commanding pressure on your shoulders

Seriously, best games I had with any system are first ones when strategy is unknown or blurred so I will not spoil it for you. Just to say that both sides have equally hard time and must press at all costs. Something that's hard to understand when playing on small tactics scale, yet it makes perfect sense in this scale - when battle is over and you have lost

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rory willis
msg tools
hey I like that answer,, on turn4 an this is a cool little game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rory willis
msg tools
do I need to trace my supply on the rail lines only or can I go around enemy units to that rail line by passing there zoc an do I mark the Stalingrad hex with a 1 if a Russian makes it to rail line just above kalach. love this game so far on turn 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoran Bosnjak
Croatia
Zaprešić
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enemy unit on the rail will render rest of the rail line as unsupplied. If russians are in the Kalach, germans must trace line to first rail line before Kalach (as still supplied rail), or be unsupplied.

Very good russian strategy whistle Now defend it at all costs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rory willis
msg tools
moving slow on turn 5 but this is a fun game! down loaded your cheat sheet an that made it so much better this game needs a good visual aar well back to the front

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoran Bosnjak
Croatia
Zaprešić
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a lot of fun - a lot of maneuvering, places to defend a run to. I might suggest you to play another game after first, it will play out quite different, and will go fast as you will know the rules quite well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rory willis
msg tools
I think I will play right after this I would like to try some different attacks , but one question how many air supply units do the germans start with? I used all of them but that was wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoran Bosnjak
Croatia
Zaprešić
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Air supply is used from turn 8 onwards.

Air support, can't remember, I believe it even might be zero, and they dripfeed through turns. On Events table you see them appear (turns 6, 7, 8, 9, Germans receive one Luftwaffe air support unit). I wasn't sure about that either, but in Developer Notes is stated how modifiers are powerful (...later in the game Germans can destroy Soviet unit in a single turn...) so obviously they are received as time goes by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.